Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Elite 4 Combo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Elite 4 Combo?

Is this unit any good? I know its small, but just bought a new to me boat and need one for behind the windshield. I could spend a bit more, but need other items to fill out the Champion.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I seen one at Bass Pro last weekend. Looks pretty good for a 4" screen. I just looked them up on the Lowrance website and they have several models. Even one with GPS. I may buy a DSI model for the front of my boat to run along side my 510C. Figure I can get a mount from Hi-Tek to get it up above my rod racks to make it easier to see. Seen them for $180 for the DSI model online.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats alot cheaper than BPS $299! Where did you find it that cheap?

Post Thanks / Like

Just googled it and under shipping results. There are a lot of differant models. That was for one with just DSI. No gps.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Elite 5 gps/sonar combo. Looks to me like the elite 4 is the same but smaller. I really like the one I have.

fewer buttons to push = easy for tom to use

It is easy to navigate between pages. The map is easy to read and the sonar is great.

The big thing i wanted was to find something user friendly for dummies like me. I settled on the lowrance and glad I did.

I think the elite 4 would be a good choice. Just my .02

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas, tried to buy one at BPS today at the 299.95 price but couldn't get the free hotspot chip unless I wait until Friday. Bummer!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to the Elite 4 DSI with out GPS for $185. LOWRANCE ELITE-4X DSI SONAR 455/800 T/M TRANSDUCER - 000-10487-001 - FISHFINDERS