Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishfinder/gps

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishfinder/gps

Without starting a war, I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of the Hummingbird 788CI HD DI Fishfinder/GPS. I am thinking about purchasing one and I would like to be informed before spending that much money. I know there are you that prefer Lowrance and othe products but I would like to know about this particular unit. Good or bad

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a HB user but do fish with a couple who are and can tell you it is has a good sonar picture that you can see you jigs on. It has a $50 rebate right now.

Post Thanks / Like

ranger89, you have a PM!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I thougt you said the dang fish finders lie. Just buy the dang thing you tightwad. You know I like Lowrance but that is a sweet little unit. I think it would do you well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a hbird 798, which I think is the same unit as the 788 except for the side imagery.
    I absolutly love mine, but I wish I had spent more money on a bigger screen. (its never enough for me!)
    it is easy to navigate through the different menus and easy to use. I have no regrets.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. All I want from you Jiggin is your help hooking it up, not your lip. LOL. Not a tightwad, just want to retire someday. When you going to upgrade so I can go shopping in your rod locker.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the 788 cj HD DI unit for a while, when it worked it was ok, two trips back to the shop for warranty work,,,, power issues. It always has GPS problems, the boat speed and location were very sporadic. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great unit, i would have no problem spending the money on another one, just some of the issues i had.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 788 ci that I purchased in May of 2010. As thebowdoctor said - it is OK when it works. I've had problems three times. Each time what it took to fix it was a new transducer. Each time there was no evidence of the old transducer or its cord having been damaged at all. First two times warranty covered it, third time I had to shell out the money for the transducer out of pocket. I don't know if Lowrance reliabiliyt is any better - but I'll probably try one of theirs the next timeI buy a unit.