Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spider rigging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rigging?

Hey guys,

Anyone got any advice or tips for a guy that has never really done it? I mean I tried once or twice last year but didnt do that great. So any tips would be awsome.
    I have decided that I am going to get a little more serious about crappie fishing this year and this may be the best way to stay on the fish from spring to fall when they are deeper. I just want to get as much info as possible to cut my learning curve. I have already upgraded alot of my gear and got some new tackle as well. I am in ohio so we are limited to two rods per person here but usually fish with some one with me so I will be running 4 rods. I have two 12' rods and prolly two 7' rods and I got some of the clip on line counters from berkley. I bought two of the drift master double rod holders for each side of the bow. And upgraded to a humminbird 587 with down image. Now i just have to figure out how to use all of it! HAHA. Again any advice or suggestions are great. Thanks

Fishintechnician
    Anson Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like

Go slooooow, extra slow in winter.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

If you type "spider rigging" into the search box in the upper righthand corner of this page, you'll have enough reading to keep you busy until Christmas.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

If you type "spider rigging" into the search box in the upper righthand corner of this page, you'll have enough reading to keep you busy until Christmas.

Good luck!

x2

Post Thanks / Like

If she only knew how much a fish cost me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go to Youtube and type in Spider rigging crappie or

trolling crappie. Here's a Vid Wally did about winter crappie spider rigging. LOTS more vids on line Crappie Fishing / Trolling - YouTube
    proud member of "Team Cup"

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I spider rig contour lines...

Early in the year ... Before the water reaches 55 degrees...I'll be following creek channel ledge contour lines...
    When the water reaches 55 degrees.. I'll experiment with contour lines parallel with the bank...

I'll pick a depth I think the fish will be in and stay on that contour line for several hundred yards....
    If I don't pick up any fish... I'll move the boat over 2ft deeper or shallower... And either backtrack my previous pass or continue on down the new contour line...

Once I find what depth the fish seem to be targeting... I'll stay on that contour line until the fish quit biting or until I want to move to a different area and start all over...

Spider riggin contour lines gives the benefit of setting the baits on the shallow side of the boat to a certain depth... And setting the baits on the deeper side of the boat to a certain depth and covering several hundred yards of water without constantly adjusting bait depths...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tips guys

there was alot of good info gained throught the search function