Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glenn Shoals

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Glenn Shoals

My first trip to Glenn Shoals was yesterday with Ed in his boat, he goes there a lot. I used my favorite baits, 3/8 white head and red trailer and a 1/32 white ane red fluffy looking skirt, and I caught a good number of fish. Ed used a 1/32 of 1/8 pink head and a yellow skirt and he caught a fish every cast. Needless say I borrowed one of his baits, he makes them, and the slaughter was on. We filled both live wells with fish from 8 to 11 inches, they filled 3 five gallon buckets and produced 20 plus lbs of fillets. We fished the rip rap on the dam and shallow coves starting at the band and comming out slow.

2bigcats Guest

Big Rick;
    I have never been to Glen Sholes. Is'nt it down by Hillsboro. And I assume you were catching crappie. I went to Carlyle yeaterday and we got into white bass. We also caught sauger, channel cats and yellowcats as well while we were looking for those white bass. Thanks for the post I'm old but a new fisherman.

Sonny

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,
    I guess I have been fishing in the sun to much. I ment to say lake Lou Yeager at Litchfield. You are right about Glenn Shoals it is at Hillsbore and I guess you could call it my home lake since I go there 3 to 4 days a week.
    Sorry for the confussion and yes I do fish for crappie year around.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Rick; I am going Thur. and tring to decide which lake to fish, Hillsboro or Litchfield? Did you fish Litchfield last week? I have fished Litchfield the last two weeks and nothing to brag about. Have you been having any luck at Hillsboro? I keep hearing stories but haven't fished it yet. Thanks for any input.