Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Poor planning equals....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poor planning equals....

Poor results. Had a good plan....was going to go up river from Bucksaw and fish a cove I haven't fished since last year. A creek I haven't fished since last summer and a creek I have never fished (if needed). I was also going to use minnows....which I rarely do. Instead, I didn't get minnows (Didnt know Bucksaw was closed, duh) and drove right by Everharts. Off to Angel Cove I go, not one bite. Idling out of there I have SI going, trees look like they have leaves on them. (fish) A smart guy would have stopped....not me. Fished the point north of the bluffs across from the marina. After letting the jig sit in front of their faces for what seemed like 10 minutes.....4 of them bit, caught and released. Great day to be outdoors, nothing broke....and I stayed dry. Still a good day!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say a good day, it sure was a great day on the water, better luck next time

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds kind of like the way I do things too....at least you got out for a while. Good for you:Hands Clapping

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't sound to bad other than the bite. It should get better real quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Well there are a lot of good things in that report, and I am like Jared the bite is right around the corner!

Post Thanks / Like

better days ahead, cant wait myself.

Post Thanks / Like

best laid plans of mice and men forgot the rest sounds like a fun day on the water wtg

Post Thanks / Like

The phrase in your title, "poor planning" reminds me of a saying a wise old sage I used to work with would say. He had so many little tidbits of wisdom which incorporated with his way of speaking and packaging the idea made it really stick with you. He is since deceased and I really do miss his counsel. Anyway he would say to remember the 6 P's which are as follows:

Proper Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance....

Here's one for you Jim Bishop....

Post Thanks / Like

It's all good. My family wasn't waiting for dinner, so nobody went to bed hungry. Seems like there are a TON more good days on Truman than bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkey Log View Post
    Well there are a lot of good things in that report, and I am like Jared the bite is right around the corner!