Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KY lake crappie movement study

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY lake crappie movement study

Hey CP, (or anybody)

Todd Huckabee just spoke to our CAT group this past weekend and referenced the study. Do you still have an active link? I couldn't get this one to work. Thanks! Tim

Originally Posted by Downwind
    CP? Do you still have a link to the study on KY Lake?

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources - Kentucky Lake - Crappie Movement Study

I bookmarked that puppy into my favorites, loooong ago :p
    There's just too much good info in that study, not to have quick access to it.

Post Thanks / Like

This article talks about that study and its findings: Crappies by Degrees | Outdoor Life

This is all I could find on the Kentucky Wildlife site: KY: Kentucky Dept Fish and Wildlife - Spring 2004 Results
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
    KY: Kentucky Dept Fish and Wildlife -

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the page I link to, since it has all three report articles : Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources - Preliminary Results

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    This is the page I link to, since it has all three report articles : Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources - Preliminary Results

... cp
    Thank you sir. Very informative. The main thing I got out of it was that black crappie move and stay shallower than white crappie.
    there was a brief period post spawn when both stayed shallow, but One of the conjectures was that some stayed shallower longer because of higher water and shad.
    Otherwise, pretty typical for pre-spawn, spawn and post spawn movements.
    What did you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post

... cp
    Thanks Pappy

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexExp View Post
    Thank you sir. Very informative. The main thing I got out of it was that black crappie move and stay shallower than white crappie.
    there was a brief period post spawn when both stayed shallow, but One of the conjectures was that some stayed shallower longer because of higher water and shad.
    Otherwise, pretty typical for pre-spawn, spawn and post spawn movements.
    What did you think?
    I didn't think Rofl ... I just took their word for it, under the prevailing conditions, and compared it to movement & habits of the two Crappie species, in other lakes that I fish. I haven't fished KY Lake but a few times over the past few decades, and it was still primarily a White Crappie lake, back then. I did find the info useful, however ... as it relates to some other lakes, and to any future trips I may make to KY Lake.
    I put the link into my "favorites" list, so I could access it without searching ... since the continuous updating of the KDFWR site can bury a link, pretty quickly.

... cp