Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Decatur

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Decatur

Any reports for Decatur? It has been a month since I have fished it and I have noticed a few trailers at the ramp each day. Shelbyville hasn't been that good to me so I thought about trying here. Have these fished moved any to the banks?

Post Thanks / Like

Decatur is doing pretty good.been catching the crappie in anywhere from 2-7 foot of water in brush and around riprap.a few docks are producing as well.Lots of 7-9 inchers this year,but the keepers are around.I got a limit today,i only kept 5 though,1 was 12 1/8 inches long and the other 4 were 10 3/4 down to 10 1/4.I gave another guy the smaller 5 I had,they were 10 to 10 1/4,didn't feel like cleaning em all.

i also had a mammoth flathead on in basin 4 on my 12 foot crappie rod,it pulled my boat nearly a hundred yards,my boat is real light.i had 2 guys helping me out with a net,we all saw it,it looked to be every bit 40lbs,it was huge.After an hour and forty five minutes it ran for the bridge and went straight to the bottom and snapped my line on the concrete pillar,it was tearful,but there will be another day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's not the size of the jig,It's how you use it!!"