Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glow heads / bodies

Post Thanks / Like

Default glow heads / bodies

Looking for thoughts / experiences on glow jig heads or glow bodies. I mainly fish the stained flood controll lakes in Indiana. However, I do get to fish the clear water at Patoka a few times a year. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

When I have used them I have out fished my friend that was not using them. After about my sixth fish he switched to a glow jig. We were using them with minnows in a pond.

Post Thanks / Like

I catch more on glow during daylight than after dark. Hands down the best glow jig ever is made by Skip over at thumpit jigs. Have a look. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/members/skiptomylu.html
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I paint my own heads and this is the first year I have used glow paint. I am painting a bi-color heads with glow chart with green, blue, black and white. I have not tried them out yet, water temps are in the mid to upper 30's.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be pleased with the results, they work!
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a clear lake a lot and I use midsouth super jig glow chart almost all the time. I have tried a lot of different baits and I have yet to find anything day in day out that catches more fish. It doesn't seem to matter if its cloudy or sunny that is my go to bait. I will say I don't crappie fish after dark so can't give any thoughts there.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

They are supposed to be especially good during low light conditions. Visibility is usually limited in deep water. Daylight is usually enough to make them brighten up but you might want to keep a flashlight handy right at dark. Put them in a room with the light on for a few minutes. Walk in, turn off the light and you'll see why they work and why some are brighter than others.

Capps & Coleman have given them a lot of credit the last couple of years. Enough said! Get glow bodies to go with them. Crappie may not want them every day but when they do, it sure makes it easier for them to find them.

Ronnie Capps is offline Seven Time National Crappie Champion * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,

I glanced at the "Glow" thread and could help but check it out.

For sure "Glow" is in ! I have had great success with glow products and lures for many years now. They are a preference for me. It is impossible to scientificially test if glow lures catch more fish because of all the variables involved, however, I am sure that they have produced more catches for me in the times when I have compared the bites with a "trolling set" (8 rods) in heavy fish in medium depth medium stained waters on several occasions. I don't fish without glow if its artificial.
    I have recently worked with Lake Fork Trophy Lures to improve on the Live Baby Shad series of baits for crappie. The Glow Minnow Heads by LFT in combination with the new "Cicle Tail" and "Boot Tail" Live Baby Shad have surely grabbed my attention.

Caught a two person limit of Blacks on Reelfoot casting the Glow Minnow Heads and Boot Tail Pearl Live Baby Shad in ultra clear water just 2 days ago.

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie

Thanks,

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Capps View Post
    Hey Guys,

I glanced at the "Glow" thread and could help but check it out.

For sure "Glow" is in ! I have had great success with glow products and lures for many years now. They are a preference for me. It is impossible to scientificially test if glow lures catch more fish because of all the variables involved, however, I am sure that they have produced more catches for me in the times when I have compared the bites with a "trolling set" (8 rods) in heavy fish in medium depth medium stained waters on several occasions. I don't fish without glow if its artificial.
    I have recently worked with Lake Fork Trophy Lures to improve on the Live Baby Shad series of baits for crappie. The Glow Minnow Heads by LFT in combination with the new "Cicle Tail" and "Boot Tail" Live Baby Shad have surely grabbed my attention.

Caught a two person limit of Blacks on Reelfoot casting the Glow Minnow Heads and Boot Tail Pearl Live Baby Shad in ultra clear water just 2 days ago.

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie

Thanks,

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie
    Where are these available? Just looked at the LFT website and found none

Ronnie Capps is offline Seven Time National Crappie Champion * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Fork Trophy Lures Live Baby Magic Shad

Hi there !!

Hope this helps .

To find those lures and jig heads as well as updates on the new products that will be soon available feel free to shout at Mr. Ronnie Parker by cell 214 215 4442 or you can email him at [email protected] . You can view some of the colors etc at lftlures.com under products and check Live Baby Magic Shad. Check the Glow Colors. Glow heads are availible just not pictured at the moment.

If that doesn't work then Miss Anne Parker would be glad to talk to you personally and place an order etc. Contact her at her cell 214 215 2221

Thanks,

Good Fishn !!

Ronnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast