Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter if finally here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter if finally here!

It looks like winter finally caught up to us. We went from an all time record high temps, to a nasty snow storm, all in one week. We have about 7-8 inches on the ground now and the weather channel is saying another 6-10 inches by Monday morning. It has lightened up a lot and the snow has slowed down to flurries now but the wind is still blowing fairly hard out there. It is a good thing the snow is wet or with the wind it would be piling up pretty good.
    We need a lot of moisture here but would have rather had rain instead of all this snow. The good part is that the Platte River won't be flooding this year because of the ice build up. It was mostly open water around Omaha.
    Hope everyone enjoys the snow and go out and make a snow angel. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

started shoveling snow at my grandmother's house around 5am, she doesn't have a snowthrower. It was a pretty fun snowstorm, stuck to everything and made the trees look pretty. I heard Papillion reported 10". Lincoln got around 14".

Post Thanks / Like

We had a pretty good snowfall. I don't think we got 14", maybe 8-10. Had several tree limbs come down in the back yard, one smaller tree is going to have to come down, though. It lost almost all its branches, just the top is left. Needed a new chainsaw, was going to wait till spring. Went down to a local Ace hardware that is a Stihl dealer. Bought an MS-290 Farm Boss with an 18" bar for $379. I am tired of department store saws. This one should last the rest of my life!
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

Offutt AFB, which my grandma's house is less than 1 mile away, reported 9". Sounds about right, doesn't look like it because it was so compacted, none of the trees were damaged in her yard, the large bushes took a beating though, but they survived the October snowstorm of 1997 and they survived this one too. A lot of the trees that saw damage were the pine-like trees that have needles and what not.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You should have had that driveway cleaned already, Chris. My Pappy always told me work before play! EB

Post Thanks / Like

I learned a long time ago while cleaning this driveway, its better to shovel 1" of snow 8 times, rather than 8" of snow 1 time.

Post Thanks / Like

It is suppose to get down to -4 tomorrow night! Better throw on another blanket. EB

Post Thanks / Like

That will make the ice fishermen around here happy, ice really started to melt away last week. sub-zero lows and highs in the teens will help thicken the ice back up again.

As it continues to be cold and Farmer Almanac predicting more snow by the end of Feb and early March, groundhog predicting 6 more weeks of winter, my hopes fade of an early spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCarter View Post
    I learned a long time ago while cleaning this driveway, its better to shovel 1" of snow 8 times, rather than 8" of snow 1 time.
    27", 8.5hp two stage snowblower, 6 forward speeds, two reverse.
    What's a shovel??
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast