Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman on Thursday .. any advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman on Thursday .. any advice?

I've never fished Truman and my buddy I'm going with tomorrow has only fished it a couple of times. He said he usually puts in just north of Tightwad on the Tebo arm. I just found out we're going and haven't a whole lot of time to go back through the posts too much .. so, for you Truman guys .. It sounds like it's better to put in at Bucksaw or would the Tebo arm be OK? I've heard black/chartreuse is usually a good color to start with on Truman? Any other suggestions for a Truman newbie? Anybody going to be fishing tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

bucksaw straght across on the bluffs is been good to use last weekend
    If she only knew how much a fish cost me

Post Thanks / Like

I think we'll definitely try those bluffs .. thank you!

I printed out a map and read back through a bunch of Truman threads and got some good information. I've heard Truman can be a little tricky to navigate .. if you're not familiar with the lake, how dangerous is navigating from Bucksaw down towards Hay Creek?

Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

The run from Bucksaw to Hay creek can be pretty tough if yo dont know the lake, suggest taking it easy or find someone to show you the way.

Post Thanks / Like

x2
    If she only knew how much a fish cost me

Post Thanks / Like

Upper grand sucked today, only ended up with 7 crappie and a big old carp........ to get your lake directions right, from bucksaw to hay creek is up not down......... I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't been there before, it isn't bad but one mistake could sure ruin your day........... good luck......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Not to sway your decision, but wasn't there a post recently on here about someone having luck out of Windsor Crossing? Maybe Clear Creek or the bluffs/creek channels through there.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention Brush creek on Tebo at Windsor Crossing. Not sure where they said they were at on the Tebo arm but my guess since it was Posey is that it was the mouth of Brush creek. My advise besides what I sent you in a PM would be to stay above the dam. They were whacking them below the dam on LOZ the last 7-8 days. We go down and they pulled LOZ down over a ft since yesterday. Sloooooow and little fish rigging down there this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tough time to be going for your first trip to Truman. Good luck. Posey is a good one to let you know what is going on with Windsor Crossing/Tebo.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Windsor Crossing (Brush Creek) last Friday...and caught some really good fish on the flat to the right just as you enter, the bite was only good about 1/3 of the way back, then it died. Also Little Tebo Thiebald (SP) point is dong pretty well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast