Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oologah crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oologah crappie

I know there is a lot of talk on Talala creek fishing. It's my favorite spot also. I would like to know if any of my fellow fisherman are having any luck on any other part of the lake. So, how about it? I would love to here some stories.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a good day couple weeks ago with the family at Spencer creek. Kept wife and kids entertained so they were biting fast enough for them..

I'm fishing blue creek area Thursday night/Friday morning... I'll let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by gfisherman; 04-25-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy's plan's got changed so he called me this morning and said lets go... so we went out on water about 10:30 and fished till about 2pm so werent' out there long. Went straight to blue creek. Only caught a few crappie with only 1 being a keeper. They were bout 15 ft deep from the shoreline. Had several bites, but think they were small ones. My buddy is a big bass fisherman so we decided to bass fish the timber area of bluecreek. Caught 1 nice largemouth, then ended up catching a few sandies.. Messed around there for a bit and that was it for the day as I had to get back to work.

I think the blue creek area would be really good with overcast or night time. There was a lot of fish on the finder and some nice structure spots we found. I just don't know about the size as the ones we caught today were pretty small. My buddy's finder is good and we found a couple of what looked like planted condo's and that's where we caught the few we did. The sun was bright today though and the water is still pretty clear over there. Temp was running 67degrees.