Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a crappie lure....

beeheck Guest

Default Looking for a crappie lure....

I was out crappie fishing this weekend and a friend had a lure called a Pink Crappie Monkey. He caught fish right next to me and I changed bait and color a hundred times. I would fish an area and he would cast right in next to me and catch one in no time. It comes in individual plastic tubes (I saw this and I got the name there) and the guy won't tell me where he got it other than it was not in our local area. Anyone ever heard of it and where can I get it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Post Thanks / Like

beeheck

First...get a new fishing partner!!

Never heard of them but I'll look around.

Rod

beeheck Guest

Wish I could Rod, he's my brother-in-law so I'm stuck. He said he got off the internet and one person told me he had seen them at Gander Mountain but they don't have an on line catalog. Go figure, in the business of selling and not have a catalog on line when you have a website. Maybe they should invest in a marketing manager that knows how to sell. Thanks for keeping an eye out for it, I appreciate that!

Post Thanks / Like

What do they look like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeheck
    Go figure, in the business of selling and not have a catalog on line when you have a website. Maybe they should invest in a marketing manager that knows how to sell.
    Gander used to be in the mail order business, but went through bankruptcy and sold the catalog business to Cabela's. That sale currently prevents them from selling online.

I've never heard of a Crappie Monkey. The only thing I can think of that comes in tubes that Gander carries is a Cubby Mini-Mite.
    http://www.panfishpro.com/html/produ...all/5000.shtml

Alan

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Crappie Jig

Try these and out fish him next time.
    http://www.secretbait.com/crappiejig.htm
    We used them last weekend and they beat anything we have used in a crappie jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberdown
    Try these and out fish him next time.
    http://www.secretbait.com/crappiejig.htm
    We used them last weekend and they beat anything we have used in a crappie jig.

How ironic........

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie bait

99.9 per cent of the time I use 1 jig in various colors. It's a larger size tube. Umbrella Tubes made by Southern Pro . Nearly always use a 1/8 oz leadhead pushed inside of tube. It stays on better and gives it a fatter profile. We most always fish them vetically tightline over brushpiles. If the water is muddy / pink-n-white. If it's stained any color-n-chartruse. In clear water silver flake-n-white. My fishing buddy likes to use small jigs with crappie nibbles. :rolleyes: Or he did till we started crappie fishing together.:D I've noticed an increase in bites with light line when it's clear water. The fishing pressure is so bad here anymore. Good luck !
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

beeheck Guest

Wow, thanks for all the help. I do believe the Mini-Mite is it. Sure looks like it in the picture. I plan to get some of those M&M's, Crappie Magnets and umbrella tubes as they all seem to be good suggestions, thanks to all. Had my first crappie fillets last night in over 10 years according to what my wife and I could figure out, they fried up crisp and tender, they were great. We haven't eaten fish for a long, long time and it won't be nearly that long again. I figure this weekend should just about be long enough. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Scroll down to see if this is what he was using.

https://ssl10.securedata.net/gapen/jigs3.html

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!