Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: thinking about going to Wapp in May

Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking about going to Wapp in May

My wife and I are looking to head down to Wappapello for a week in May and hopefully get in on part of the spawn. I am relativly new to crappie fishing, mostly trout and bass in the past. We stayed at the state park in our camper in September last year and had a good time, caught several 13-14" in the spillway. Just looking for a little advice on the best places to fish, we take our camper and don't have a boat so will probably be limited to the bank. Is the spillway good all year around? Any insider tips for bank fishing around the state park? Thanks in advance, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

First off welcome to the board.
    Sorry I cant help u out on bank fishn never done it at wap.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, but they dump a bunch of Christmas trees off the fishing dock at Redman. They also put in a bunch inside the breakwater at Sundowners. Both can be fished from the bank. There are also some brush piles off the point in Allison creek right by State Park.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I fished off the bank at Rockwood Point down below the rocks by the beach. Must have caught 100 fish in a couple hours until I couldn't see anymore. Maybe had 10 keepers...lol. It was fun though. Also, I have caught many from the Old State park area. I know you don't have a boat but I plan on taking my Kayak to Lost creek this year. Easy to transport and a cheap alternative. I don't miss the upkeep of my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for the replies. Kayak_bob, I have seen the old state park area mentioned several times, where is that at? It seems to be google-proof.