Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Straights of Hormuz threat is real..........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Straights of Hormuz threat is real..........

Iran doesn't have much of a Navy. However they have lots of small torpedo boats which can swarm and reaked havoc on larger ships with their speed and maneuverability.

The Mullas been reading Ho Che Mei's book on navy ops.

Some of you may remember the Gulf of Tonkin. I was there. They swarmed us. It took us a while to figure out what was going on, but after a 3 day sea battle, it was over. Although the NVs had lost most of their "navy", the had severely damaged a couple of our ships and killed some Americans.

Their plan was to suck us into a war. It worked and we all know how well that turned out.

It was a 3 day adrenalin rush.

My Connie #64 with cover
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the man child is not will grow some if they try to block it off. I realize he would rather kill Somoli pirates though.

Post Thanks / Like

We provoked the attack by crusing into their contentinal waterways. Lame Brain (LB) Johnson wanted to start this war. It wasn't the VC. This we found out later, but we all know politicians are bad azzes. Ask deep throat Harry the shadow boxer.

Post Thanks / Like

Am sure the ENTIRE world is enjoying "open season" on the Somolia pirates. China has just FLAT OUT warned the gov`t of Iran they WILL NOT tolerate any attempt to close the straits and WILL consider it as an ACT OF WAR, which according to international law it IS. Apparently 6 or 7 NATO countries have quietly dispatched counter mine warfare ships and craft towards the area. France is apparently being placed under intense pressure NOT to sell 600 naval mines Iran ordered. Most anaylists believe Iran COULD close the straits for about 100 hrs before having the majority of it`s units assigned blown off the face of the Earth and the strait was swept cleared and reopened to international traffic...

Post Thanks / Like

Has France ever won a war? The Napoleonic effect I guess.

So now China is King of the hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Its been awhile and too many BL's later. What was their involvement in the French and Indian War here in this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Has France ever won a war? The Napoleonic effect I guess.

So now China is King of the hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    We provoked the attack by crusing into their contentinal waterways. Lame Brain (LB) Johnson wanted to start this war. It wasn't the VC. This we found out later, but we all know politicians are bad azzes. Ask deep throat Harry the shadow boxer.
    LB got very rich off that war!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Although I can't say much, I can say that I (we) am/are patrolling the Straits and the rest of the Gulf right now... It is interesting times
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thehines View Post
    Although I can't say much, I can say that I (we) am/are patrolling the Straits and the rest of the Gulf right now... It is interesting times
    Things could ged bad, so stay safe. Don't need another Cole incident, but we sure don't need to shoot down another passenger plane either. You all safe first, screw the rags.

Post Thanks / Like

Won`t try to say the Iranian navy is NO threat; a speedboat equipt with basic GPS CAN lay most modern naval mines. However they also completely disappear in HUGE water blasts if raked by almost any light machine guns able to detonate their lethal cargoes. MUCH more of a VERY REAL threat are the 3(?) modern diesel electric submarines which are reportedly rather quiet and are capable for setting upwards of 12 mines each as well as conventional torpedoes; do not believe they are cruise missile launch capable. In confined waters their stealth could enable them to get in 1 solid attack; their escape(s) during the beginning of an active airwar might be successful since most anti sub platforms are slow and largely defenseless untill at least local air superiority is achieved. After that...they`re burnt out and/ or sunk junk, along with the rest of Iran`s limited surface fleet, "silkworm" anti ship missile batteries and airforce. Needless to say in addition Iran`s sizeable tanker and merchant fleet would also be somewhat savagely mauled.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast