Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A weekend at Rosalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default A weekend at Rosalie

Not much to report as far as the fishing............Quite breezy & bumpy all weekend...............Sat afternoon we got out for about an hour & minnowed up a 1/2 dozen 8 to ten inchers ....sun am longlined before breakfast & landed about 1/2 dozen more............sun afternoon, minnowed up a handfull more.............all released...............No flat tires, no capsized boats & no drama.....Definetly a good trip .....

Camping in a nice place with good friends........priceless !!!!!!!

If youre looking for a nice place to spend a relaxing day or weekend.....Rosalie should be on the ballot............
    Rinse out the dang minner bucket:D

Post Thanks / Like

did you stay at the county run camp (south side) or the private one (north side)?
    Ben
    Auburndale, FL

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the south end......county park

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like ya had a stellar weekend!! Any room fer a slabfest down there??

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you caught both ways, minnows and long-lining. Nice versatility.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, It would be a great place for a fest, however there are no pavilions where I was.......Theres about 20 campsites with water & electric.....A bathroom/shower facility, & a boat ramp.......the lake is about 1/2 the size of monroe.....maybe a little bigger.............I would estimate the fishing to be fair.....Ive fished it three times with ok results............Ive never caught it on a calm day.....so if you catch it right, it may be good.......Talking with some of the locals & they said its a good speck hole.....guess I havnt hit it right yet...........Im gonna do some more exploreing this winter with a slabfest in mind.......But of the places ive been the past few years I havnt landed on a spot with all the ingredients yet.........

Post Thanks / Like

Keep yer eyes peeled that a way. Got a good number of people down there now..

Post Thanks / Like

where did you put in at? The last time I was there we used the public ramp and it left a lot to be desired. Try Tiger lake also, put in at the fish camp off of Tiger road, that launching ramp is a challenge also.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Luther....We were at the county park on the south east side of the lake........Not the best ramp for sure, but we managed ok......I had my little boat & my uncles 26' pontoon & we were able to launch & load without problems......