Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand made crappie jigs, do you?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand made crappie jigs, do you?

I have just got into rolling my own within the last year and it is a blast. I have bought several from this site, and members have been a huge help telling me what to buy and where. I have also used youtube as a resource. I have a ways to go before I'm in the leauge of many on the tying forum, but I at least feel like I'm getting the hang of it. If you have never tried it you should as it is a lot of fun and adds something to fishing when you catch them on jigs you made from start to finish. It is a great thing to play with on cold nasty days when all you can do is think about fishing. I don't make a lot and so far I'm up to maybe 3 or 4 dozen. Be prepared as the first few you make will still catch fish, but you won't want to take many pictures of them. LOL

My camera sucks

I would love for you all to share pics of jigs you have tied so others can see. Yes, I know there is a jig forum on CDC but I would guess most that don't tie don't visit that forum much.

What you got Missouri?

Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I think those look great Jason, I tie a few now and then myself. I found they dont have to be perfect to catch fish and will loose just as fast in the brush. I make yarn jigs, extremely cheap and fish like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    I think those look great Jason, I tie a few now and then myself. I found they dont have to be perfect to catch fish and will loose just as fast in the brush. I make yarn jigs, extremely cheap and fish like them.
    Thanks Mike, I would love to see one and have you explain it.
    Fish like your hungry!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a blast for sure until you turn it into work. I would not advise that. Yours all look good. I like that blue chenille. Here are a few pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    It is a blast for sure until you turn it into work. I would not advise that. Yours all look good. I like that blue chenille. Here are a few pics.

Thanks. Those look awesome. I would love to buy a few jigs from you to add to my collection. I will send you a pm. I love the center blade.

This thread has a lot of promise IMO. I'm not trying to sell anything but want people to see how how talented the guys on the missouri board(excluding me) are.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

VERY NICE!!! I would be proud to have all these jigs, even more so if I had made them myself and then caught fish on them. ya'all are talented for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few of mine. I don't sell but enjoy tyeing.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They look great. I have been playing with the paint brush and powder paint. Makes some cool looking heads for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

all you fellows do nice work they are prettier than mine but if they catch fish and kill some time thats all that matters to me

Post Thanks / Like

Those look great
    If she only knew how much a fish cost me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast