Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: OKC crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default OKC crappie

Hey all I am new to the board.

Been living in OKC for about 5 years and have yet to find any one to talk crappie fishing to.

I have fished all my life and I used to fish in NW OK all the time.

I got to go with my father and Uncle last week for Easter we fished OOlagah and caught about 40 crappie I kept 25 keepers over 10 inches. All were full of eggs. But we did catch about 7 that were really black in shallow water the males were getting the nests ready i guess.

Looking foreward to talking to you all.

I am also looking for places to fish that you dodn't need a boat to get to around OKC

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default thunderbird

sounds like you need to hit thunderbird.
    my dad and nephew swear aint no better crappie lake.
    my dad slays the saugeye all winter there as well.
    ~KIDS IN THE FRONT SEAT CAUSES ACCIDENTS, ACCIDENTS IN THE BACK SEAT CAUSES KIDS!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the docks from shore around the Lake patrol station this weekend. Sat I only caught 2 crappie, but both were nice size. Sunday I caught about 7 crappie. Had to fight through the perch but those too were several good sized ones. Also netted 2 channel cat.
    Was fishing with minnows sat( roseys) and small bait worms sunday. Sunday was better only due to finding a good spot along the dock.

Hope this helps some.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I got a map of thunderbird and I am off this weekend so I am gonna go give it a try. I will post and let you all know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ack i forgot to mention I was fishing on Hefner Lake.
    I went for about an hour before this storm rolled in tonight and caught about 5 little crappie before wind drove me out to seek some shelter.

Post Thanks / Like

Around the dam on the rocks? Man what do you think of Hefner I have fished that lake to foam and I get skunked every time. Have you been out on the main board and looked at some of the pvc crappie condo's they are making I have been thinking of making some and slipping them in Hefner at the covered docks.

Post Thanks / Like

try fishing around the east boat slips around dusk, some people have been doing good there recently