Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'Glen' 1/7 & 1/8

Post Thanks / Like

Default The 'Glen' 1/7 & 1/8

WOW!!!! Trip out has me stoppin for some pinkies at my favroite stop No not 'Lions Den' this timeChapmans Creek. Dave didn't have the 3/8 heads painted but sold me sum heat paint & in no time at all I have dem 'pinkies'. Wind was way to high to git on Friday so I spent some time visiting. Fishing out of my friends "Phoenix" bass boat, we got on the water while it was still below freezing, Sat. Mornin. I think it was just before 8. A brisk ride out to the chanels out from the "bluffs". 1 side sharp break, the other slopin. They were on the steep break down 20 to 30 ft. You just cant believe the numbers & size of these 'Glen' fish. Drop a bouy & started catchin. Yes dat quick!!! Best depth was 2 cranks from bottom. Ice in the guides was a small problem as well as keeping hands warm and dry. My friend & buddy had fish wid me before here & knew the quality of the fish, so it was nothin to set a 12in min. on kept fish. The wind musta been gustin up to 5mph At 11:15,,, the live wells were full!!!! Only 115 fish We kept on fishin till 3pm. The other boat with us were after walleye but only caught 2 keepers & then went after the slabs. Ended cleaning 154 + 2 wallys. 4 cleanin, still took about a hour. Great time at the 'Corner' Weather for Sun. looked bleak as light snow predicted. Got up @ 7 to 34 degrees & 'NO WIND'!!!! Loaded out from motel,,, had a quick bite of breakfast & on the waterJust to show the guys there were places all over the lake as hot as where we fish Sat. We fished new spots but same tactics. OMG we hit the "BONAZA' of crappie fishin. A SCHOOL OF 2lbers. They already had said they had PLENTY of filets and would C&R everything. At 12:45 we hit 200 on the clicker. Before we could git our lines in 2 more caught. I was SO proud of these guys takin the time to make sure all released fish survived. These guys are definality part of the 'Elite" as to releasin 2lb + crappies not to mention a 22in wally too. Color??? not sure it mattered but,,, 2 cranks up from bottom was!!! Weather looks like a repeat next weekend. O yea. The pressure of boats,,, maybe 10 Sat. Sun. there was 3. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

wtg sounds like some great fishes

Post Thanks / Like

Hottest lure combo!! Had to super glue body & shorten the tails just a little. <*)}}}>< Name:  Glen Elder 004.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  16.5 KB
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

There was an 18 pound stripper caught yesterday in Glen Elder by Cecil Miller. I have a picture on facebook. Fishing is great right now. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, Now that sounds like 1 hell of a great weekend,WTG Chatt.Go get'em.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a heckuva trip. So who is this Cat with the 50k Phoenix? Those things are really nice. Are you gonna get one Chatt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chadku View Post
    Sounds like a heckuva trip. So who is this Cat with the 50k Phoenix? Those things are really nice. Are you gonna get one Chatt?
    It's one of my clients. He's bought HDS's, Cherokee Rods, jigs & bodies from Crappie Pro, uses the K-rigs & now bought a boat from Rock Creek. I'm prolly gona loose him as he is gittin pretty savy to crappie fishin. Those 'Fast' & 'Pretty' boats are not fer me. Did bring it up to 62mph wid 4 in the boat. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wish that place would freeze up like last year.... Good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's time for a road trip. WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Thot you might wanna see these pictures from the parking lot at Glen.Name:  Glen Elder 001.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  55.1 KBName:  Glen Elder 002.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  60.7 KBBoth wheels<*)}}}><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast