Tried to go out to catch some fish on Saturday. I probably hit the lake about 1:30pm. Some guy at the dock when i was going out said he had 19 so im thinking this is going to be great. I tried the marysville coves with no luck so I tried the point by the Crites campground where i saw some boats. No luck there either but I heard a guy saying that he had been getting his limits every morning for the past few days last week. The only reason I didn't try the morning was I heard there had been ice in the mornings and im not familiar with the winter fishing but it sounds like thats the time. Some people I have talked with say this is one of the best times to fish if you can handle the colder weather. Im really looking for some tips to put some fish in my livewell. I know my biggest problem is not knowing how to use my graph very well as how to find the piles and drop offs and stay on them. I watch guys using there trolly to do that. I have a friend who knows his stuff and does some tourneys out at HD. He tells me i need to turn off the fish id which is how I learned and read the arcs instead. Also to fish over the brushpiles. When a friend started taking me we did alot of drifting and always caught fish but that has been getting harder and harder to do. I want to get my buddy out on my boat to show me how to get my graph set up to recognize brushpiles and how to fish over them but it's duck season so im probably looking at summer time before i can get him out there.

I absolutley love to crappie fish and I want to get much better so I can bring home some fish more often then not if possible. I want to try tomorrow morning again so any tips or info would be greatley appreciated. This site has great reports and awesome info and im so happy to have found it. Thanks for checking out my post.