Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: let the truth be the truth

Post Thanks / Like

Default let the truth be the truth

After fishing the different seasons, from spring summer, fall and winter my conclusions are fish seem to not let color get into their way. Certain parts of the season live bait works the best but overall it is just a reaction bite. I've tried different colors and they still bite the same. My favorite colors are blk/pink or blu/chart. I fell a good jig fisherman can find a bite. What's your opinion?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the same thing until I started trolling. When I have 16 colors out and 15-16 out of the first 20 come on the same jig it makes me change my mind. Don't take long to start changing out jigs on the other rods. That color was Blk/Pink and it was a great color all year. When dipping or pitching I do not think it makes much difference. I have tied up some all blk jigs to give a try. Always read and heard about a bass guy who said blk or wht solid baits would catch as many fish as any other color combo. May tie it on in the morning and see how it does against the other to guys in the boat using blk/char and wht/char.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no expert at this. But one thing is, water clarity. If it is dirty or clear wouldn't you think that different colors could cause the bite to pick alittle or a lot? And when fishing all year round the water flow into the lakes is more in the spring time. But then again this depends on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess relating back to jig fishing, trolling I just think you have to be in the strike zone but that is just a guess. Jared by far your starting to master the trolling down. Is fisherman clear or dirty when you use a glo head or rubber your in the same boat reaction bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn auto correct

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic Steve. I have a handful of bait colors that I use constantly, and they work fine most of the time. I think there are days/patterns where it literally doesn't matter what color you are using, but the technique that matters. I have not used any live bait in several years though. There are days where the bite just stinks, but that's fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta agree with Duncan.Technique or presentation is a big factor.But i have also had days when you couldn't buy a bite unless you had a specific color on. That day in the Quarry acouple weeks ago when you were in there Steve was one of those days. We came in late and everyone seemed to be catching fast and furious except us we had one here and there but not many.Then we put on Blue and White and and Blue and Chart. and it was on.We had our limit in short order after that. Good topic and i agree with both sides but also think some days color is a big factor.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree for the most part but there are days that the fish "tell me" which color they are wanting by hitting that color far more than they do the others. In general though, blu/black with chart tail, tan/green with chart tail, blue/white with chart tail, and red/black with chart tail are good for me in stained waters pretty much anywhere I fish. If they arent the hot colors for that day they still catch a few fish.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion top five color factors (1) confidence (2) water clarity (3) confidence (4) sunlight penetration (5) confidence,,,,,,,and there's one more i'm forgetting,,,oh yeah, confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to fish ox bows in the delta of Arkansas... you had a tough harvest if you didn't have red/chart tubes in your box.

Truman this summer, purple/chart killed it for a week or so. I double rigged several times, changed which was on top, where ever the purple/chart was it got hit and hit hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast