Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: looking for crappie around ridgefield

Post Thanks / Like

Question looking for crappie around ridgefield

:D hellow from missouri. looking for a place to fish around the ridgefield or portland Or. area. my in lawes live in that area but they dont fish. I like to fish but they don't have a clue. Crappie and catfish are my first love but will fish for what ever bites.Thanks any help would be grate.
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Ridgefield is only a few miles from the Columbia River and Vancouver Lake. The Columbia has many sloughs around there that hold bass and crappie plus the main river holds walleye up to 18lbs and sturgeon that can top 200lbs. Anyplace along the river that has rocks and current will hold smallmouth that can reach about 6-7lbs around that area.

Vancouver lake has white crappie, channel cats, bluegill, and bass. The crappie will be in the cove on the east side of lake. There's not much structure since it's a fllodplain lake so any docks are stick ups you find should have some crappie in them. The channel cats spawn along the southeast shore. You can catch cats and crappie in the main creek that enters the lake on the north end.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

SlabKing thanks for the info will try them in august . Will be going back to depo bay for rockfish, ling and salmon.:D
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cschottfish
    Will be going back to depo bay for rockfish, ling and salmon.:D
    That's what I'm talking about:D You should have blast out there during the summer. Good luck.