Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman January 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman January 2012

Feel like a bandit being able to steal a day dipping trees this late into the winter but no remorse here. Put Lenny's boat in at Sparrowfoot this morning, quite an experience (more later). Long run down lake this morning but crystal clear and dead still so no complaints. When finally stopped to fish we had one very small keeper at the first two stops combined. A bit better at third base but still only 3 there, the good part all three were mine and and I had the host down 3 to zip, woohoo. Fourth stop the worm turned and he begin to catch up quickly topped by this 1.40 which was big for the day,,,,dangit. Wound up somewhere over 20 but we didn't think 25 keepers, didn't run the clicker or keep any so a WAG. Water temp from 39 early to max of 41.8 early afternoon. We thought the water clarity was not improved much if any but finding cleaner water still seemed to be a key although it was a tougher search this week than last, less of it to pick from. 6-12 fow over 12-20, black/chart, white/chart best no big change there. Thanks for a great day Leonardo, enjoyed it. And regarding the launching, a big ole boat does a funny little two step when the dumard partner forgets to take one of the rear tie downs off, guilty as charged. sorry Lenny. One more thing, it's a strange year when fisherman are left on the lake and waterfowl guys are done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kazualobzerver; 01-07-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

WTG guys nice report!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Steve. Sounds like a very fun day and it's JANUARY!!!!!! I told someone today that it has been slow but should pick back up. Then I thought how they heck do I know that??? Not sure I have ever been able to fish the main lake in early to mid January to even know what the fish are going to do. Can just hope the weather stays half way decent so we can find out. Congrats guys!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Kaz! Hard to stay up on Lenny specially when he gets on a role! Wtg guys!
    Hey Lenny does that new boat go 94 mph??

Post Thanks / Like

wtg! A great report on a great day on the water. And that is a hog for sure. Congrats to you both!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Good report you two, Steve stay safe on the road going to all the shows.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Any time Stevo always a blast to chase the tuff fish in a new areas and squeak out a few dandies in the process. I told you after the launch mishap the day could only go up from there. Only saw 2 other boats all day and the great weather and calm seas was just a bonus. These day will probably end soon so glad we stole another one. And on the catching you can't get down to Steve cause you never get caught up
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardhunter2 View Post
    Great report Kaz! Hard to stay up on Lenny specially when he gets on a role! Wtg guys!
    Hey Lenny does that new boat go 94 mph??
    At half throttle
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

This weather has been amazing i'm glad you fellas got to go out and enjoy it....sounds like the fish cooperated pretty well to boot!!!good work my friends.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

nice going you two, sounds like a good time to me, well the half speed thing would have me leaving a streak that would make it easier to find my way back to the ramp,,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast