Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bite was a little better today

Post Thanks / Like

Default bite was a little better today

baller and i started off in otter this morning... water was MUDDY! fished all around and ended up at hay and had caught one crappie in 3 hour's so we loaded up and went to bucksaw... fished the bluff's straight across cuz the wind was really blowing!!! the bite was pretty darn good if you did'nt mind the 20 mph wind trying to blow you up on the bluffs not a very relaxing day but a fun one! we caught quite a few today... 95% of our fish came from the underwater stump's/trees... could'nt get bit if the tree was sticking out of the water fished 10 to 12 feet down in 20-30 fow... once again color did'nt seem to matter for us, if they were there they nailed it! some tree's we would get 4 or 5 right off the bat... it was tough to see the stump's and trees cuz of the white cap's but when you did see them and fished them those crappie flat out hammered it!!! called it a day bout 2, the wind just flat out whooped us! but wat a great 2 day's of fishing in january and the tub is leak free:Hands Clapping good job my fishing buddyThumbs Up
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job on a tough day guys!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That wind does make for some tough fishing but it sounds like you guys stuck it out and wound up with some nice fish. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard an opinion that the strong wind strums those dead trees like a guitar string, sound vibrates all the way down, crappie don't like it... they stay away from those trees on windy days.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess so much for the 6 mph we seen forcasted for today. Sounds like you had to work at it but ended up catching some. Way to stick it out. Guess I do not know how good I have it being so close to the lake. After a few hours of no fish I just drive 10 minutes to home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I guess so much for the 6 mph we seen forcasted for today. Sounds like you had to work at it but ended up catching some. Way to stick it out. Guess I do not know how good I have it being so close to the lake. After a few hours of no fish I just drive 10 minutes to home.
    you got it made jared! wish i was closer to good ol truman! but anymore a 2 hour drive is'nt so bad... course i slept the whole way home, then got home and slept 3 more hour's... that wind is worse than triptofan (spelling?) lol my giligan need's to step up to the plate and learn how to run a darn trolling motor with superior captain skill's! lol heck i get more break's at work than i got today, lol
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.You beat the wind today.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job fighting the wind, guys. Glad you caught a bunch in spite of it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and fishin in the wind Capt J Mcmanus.....good luck gettin the ole silverback to do anything he's usually too jacked up on mountain dew and ho ho's in the back of the boat to give you a break
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

nice report slayer, glad to hear baller got leaks fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast