PDA

View Full Version : Got A Chance To Go Today

Blackhawk19
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
It was a beautiful day, 31 at daybreak and headed toward 66. No wind so it was very comfortable. The morning started with a bunch of ducks flying and a bald eagle soaring overhead. I just knew the crappie would have to bite but I started out with a 3lb bass and a lot of bream but since the private lake is closed for bass and bream now all of those were released. I had minnows and also was jigging and throwing a road runner and after trying everything but the kitchen sink I admitted defeat, not one crappie! I got SKUNKED :dono:dono:dono

Well I know some folks will say without pictures it didn't happen so here's proof. In the picture you will see minnows in the minnow bucket, net at the ready and my proof, an empty coolerRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/Blackhawk19/100e0001-3.jpg

no1son
01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Hey Hawk, doesn't sound like a skunk to me. One thing I like about crappie fishing is those bonus species that join the party from time to time, except for the muskies, which are a real pest around here, and even they are better than a pure skunk. Right now I am nursing a cold, which I thought was better enough to fish Wed. I was wrong about that so I am still confined to house with a relapse. I would rather be fishing for anything...

Blackhawk19
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
no1son, believe me any time I get outside and on the water I'm having a great day!!!!

Blue Water LED
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Still sounds like you had a great time, ya' still got one of the coolest boats I ever seen. It's all good!

rnvinc
01-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Dont let that ice go to waste...

Put some 12 oz stuff in there...:)

Rickie

Blackhawk19
01-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Dont let that ice go to waste...

Put some 12 oz stuff in there...:)

Rickie

I had some waiting at the house!

Blackhawk19
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Still sounds like you had a great time, ya' still got one of the coolest boats I ever seen. It's all good!

Thank you Sir, I must say, I love my boat and I have a great time with it!!

STUMP HUNTER
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
rotflGood report Blackhawk. LOL at least you don't have to clean the cooler, enjoyed the report :biggrin.

crappiedoc
01-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the report Blackhawk. We had your weather yesterday and I did over the crappie anglers state just about the same thing. I myself was fishing "other" species, walleyes and although they were a little tougher, we managed to get some dinner for the 2 of us. Bluebird days are beautiful to be out in though, I guess the fish are enjoying them too.

Blackhawk19
01-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I learned a long time ago if it's a day you really can enjoy being out there, they ain't bittin RoflRofl