Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: CEDAR LAKE Near Carbondale

Post Thanks / Like

Default CEDAR LAKE Near Carbondale

If you like crappie this is a pretty good lake.
    Right now the fish are right on the bank.
    I mean right on the bank.I caught a 14 incher that had a tick on it........
    (just kidding) Just use a long pole with a jig and work around the edges near cover ie. trees and moss at the edge. Carbondale end is the best place to park and launch, better ramp and better lite area.The locals tend to mess with your vehicle at the Pamona ramp.I guess you have to make a living some way. "Oh well". This is a beautiful lake and the people are very friendly there. Watch out for kayaks and canoes right at dark. This is a great lake for them also. This lake has a 10 horse power limit on it. See you on the ramp........The Dog
    Last edited by browndogmack; 04-20-2006 at 12:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

and watch out for turtles. last time i was down there i caught non-stop turtles, craziest thing i have ever seen! caught them on minnows and a few soft plastics. i guess they were just really hungry.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

that is really something. I have never caught a turtle in cedar. I guess you were at the right place at the right (or wrong) time.

Post Thanks / Like

it was the wrong time for sure. it was fun the first time, but around the seventh or eighth time it seemed to lose its "magic". not much fun reeling in a tree stump unless it is a huge walleye!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold