Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eddy Creek Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eddy Creek Help

Hey everyone,

I need some help, I am from KY but live in Tn. now. My Mother in law has a house on Eddy Creek and as ashamed as I am I have never been up there to fish. I am planning on going next weekend. I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions. Is there a place nearby on the water to buy minnows? She lives off 730 and I have never seen anyplace near her to buy them. Second question is: Can I buy online a 3 day non resident liscence? I already have Moose1 maps he posted showing some good spots but my son and I usually can find good spots on most lakes we fish but we will take anyones advice. If you need anything in middle Tn on the small lakes just give me a shout. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, You can buy minnowS at Tom and Barbs just north of the bay. You can also buy your liscense there. On liNe I think you can buy what ever you need as far as liscense go. Great bay to fish in or out of. I fish quite a bit out of Eddy Creek as you can tell.Crappie should be getting thin about now but, the blue gill and catfish should be getting much better along with the redear.
    Bass are also plentiful but a bit better a little later. You might be able to buy minnows at Eddy Creek Marina, I am not sure of that. I have the habit of stopping at Tom and Barbs for sandwiches, drinks and such.

THE BANDIT
    Last edited by EDDY CREEK BANDIT; 04-20-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Hey Bandit,

Thank you for the info. So you think the crappie will be thin? Have they spawned already? I would have figured they would be moving into the shallows? I know they have not come to complete spawn yet down here. Should move in starting next week, just before full moon middle of May down this way. Oh well, we will give them a run anyway. Thanks again for info. You can get to this Store on the water yes?

Post Thanks / Like

No, the store is not on the water. It is about 2-3 miles north of the bay. The marina does set in the bay. You can call them about the minnows. I am sure they have a web site with an 800 number. I have some fishing buddies that fished today and they caught six in a half a day of fishing. Another buddy that caught 1 today. I heard a report from up lake (McNabb) that they are a little better. I probably am done for a week or two, until they start the move back out. I trust you will have better luck.
    THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks again but one more

Hey Bandit,

I hate to be a pest but I have one more question. My mother in law lives right before the bridge on 730. Where from there is Tom and Barbs store. I am not familiar with the area and roads. I grew up on the Ms River in Ky.

Post Thanks / Like

Which way are you coming in? If you come off of 293 to 818 to 730 then it is simple take 730 to a Y (approx. 1/2 mile) in the road take a left on 818 when you come to the stop sign (approx 1 1/2miles)that will be 293 take another left cross over I-24, continue to the stop sign (approx. 1 mile) take a left, look for a gas station (approx. 3/4 mile) on the left that is Tom and Barbs all this takes place in around 3-4 miles. There is a public ramp at the bridge at 730 if you decide to put in there be very careful that is a tricky area to navigate. I would recommend after buying minnows at Tom and Barbs when leaving take a left go about 3 1/2 miles to Eddy Creek Marina to put in.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have if I can.
    Last edited by Greenwing; 04-20-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks for info

Greenwing,

Thanks I know now where we are at. I was close to that place once with my father in law when he was living. I will probably put in at the bridge. Reason being my mother in law's boat dock is just down from there. Could get to it with trolling motor so close. I was just going to dock there for the weekend. I have seen the area when the lake is drawn down so I know what you mean by tricky. Thanks for info.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be fine at the bridge since you are somewhat familar it should be 4ft deep all over and deeper in the small channel . If you go under the bridge and fish the right side it is usually good for bluegill and few redear this time of the year.