Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Planning a Grenada trip help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning a Grenada trip help

The 3rd week of March me and 5 friends are headed to Grenada for 3 days of fishing. I'm looking for advise on where to put in and what part of the lake to start out in. Should I have a backup lake to trailer to in case of low or high water. Should I plan on spider rigging, wading or what. For that time of year should I plan on live bait, jigs, crankbaits or just take everything. I'm hoping its not necessary to hire a guide but instead get enough advise here at this fountain of knowledge to get started. Thanks for any help

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It will really depend on the lake level then. It rises and falls greatly depending on rain and snow fall over the winter. You usually dont have any problems puting in at Grenada Landing. There are a bunch of great areas around there. Another choice would be Greysport South. If there is a West wind blowing, I would be REAL careful there (Greysport South). It can get VERY DANGEROUS!!! Big waves rolling right into the ramp!!! March will be too early for cranks. Count on spider rigging minnows and or jigs. Dont forget your waders. There is some AWESOME wade fishing then. Good Luck.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You will have plenty of company that week. There will be a bunch of folks prefishing for Crappie Masters tournament the 30th and 31st.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice speck i really don't have much to add.....have fun down there Terry there are some real trophy's swimmin in those waters.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie