Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 13/31/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 13/31/11

Tried smittyville until the wind got too tough. Had a hard time getting a good pattern established, caught 1 here on this color and one on that color, one at this depth and one at that depth. several dinks and then I tried a grren and black entyzer jig that skeeter170xs tied and gave to me. 8 of the 22 eaters came off of that jig. Pretty good with 6 jigs of different colors in the water at all times probably used 159 different combinations between us that day.

Some wanted it on the drop, some still some slow jig some erratic jig. Had fun but really had to work at it.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out there Matt. 22 keepers on New Year's Eve is a pretty good haul!

Post Thanks / Like

good report! congrat's on the catch! and way to stick it out in that horrible wind! wtg
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, ST. Glad you figured them out and brought home a good mess. Thanks for the reports!
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna have to spend some time and tie myself up some jigs. My jig boxes are looking pretty pathetic. Gary (hunter7711) & I are gonna head out there thursday about 11. Come join us, we'll make it another party cove.

Post Thanks / Like

dont need no rhyme or reason as long as you are catching some

Post Thanks / Like

Now, that's the way to end the year! Way to go and thanks for the report.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

13/31/11?!? Did the gov't find a way to add another month to the calander so they could tax us some more?!?RoflRofl

Nothing at all wrong with bringing home 22 keepers....will make a few nice meals.Thumbs Up Great way to see the old year out! Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    13/31/11?!? Did the gov't find a way to add another month to the calander so they could tax us some more?!?RoflRofl

Nothing at all wrong with bringing home 22 keepers....will make a few nice meals.Thumbs Up Great way to see the old year out! Congrats.
    OOPS! I guess my fingures arnt wooorking as goodddddd as thee useddd 2 bn another year now. I like the way your thinkin, we don't need anymore taxes!
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

good report and way to stay after them, sounds like a rough day turned into a good ending for sure.... congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast