Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not so Grand 12/28 for us!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not so Grand 12/28 for us!!!!!!!

What do I have to complain about? There have been more crappie caught in my boat in 2011 than the last 5 years combined! Thank You Fish God! Today just did not follow the pattern.

Started out at Bucksaw 7:30ish headed up river checking all the hot spots of 10 days ago, before the rain and rise that produced nice fish, back to Bucksaw at 11:00 am with two fish. Thinking the grass must be greener somewhere so we went west to the creek, out of the banks, not to muddy, only two trailers in lot. Called a friend at Clinton said he went to the creek yesterday and it was not good!
    Decided to go to Windsor, nobody talking about that, wait lets drive by Sparrowfoot before we go. Mr Green Jeans is in the parking lot handing out paper work to some feller that did not know 15 from 16, I would say an honest mistake! Sorry! Thought they must be bitten here lets here! Went to the bowl thinking that the evening bite would satisfy our thirst for the thump! We waited and waited, spent some quality time talking with MarknKC, best of luck to ya the rest of the week! Then KAZ came in and we spent some quality time talking with him, first time I have met him, a great guy for sure! Nobody catching fish but him, and he is turning them loseThumbs UpThumbs Up Making most all the boats envious of his ability as a fisherman:Hands Clapping
    Ended the day with 8 fish in my boat, cleaned them for a friend I took along today! He was happy! Enjoyed the day with good friends and meeting some new ones! Better catching days are within hours away I am sure!!!! May your livewells always be full!!!! Mark

Post Thanks / Like

You covered the water! Thanks for the report. Hopefully it changes tomorrow, I'm headed down in the a.m. Will probably put in at Bucksaw and head up or Sparrowfoot and head down.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I envey you. You was on the water and I was workin. Beautiful day to be on the water. Too bad the bite was slim for ya. Sparrofoot bite can be tough at times, has humbled me on many occasions. This kinda weather --who knows where the slabs are hiding. Would much rather just take a boat ride on Truman and catch nothin than work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, Mark. Doesn't sound too promising right now but I think I'll give it a try Friday morn.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Better luck next time Jerkey, deer season is about over so I will be back to fishing soon if the water stays soft.

Post Thanks / Like

a day on the water with a friend and a mess to boot, don't sound too bad to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Jerky...you were circlin the lake like an ol buzzard:Hands Clapping
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

trackin them down were you, good job 8 is better than 4 good mess for supper not to many to clean. congrats on the day.

one more thing, 15 , 16 what that mean? everyone knows I am slow...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    trackin them down were you, good job 8 is better than 4 good mess for supper not to many to clean. congrats on the day.

one more thing, 15 , 16 what that mean? everyone knows I am slow...
    Geting ticket for one fish over! I would say an honest mistake, if I was going to cheat I would take more than one! Yeah I have heard ya gotta pay by the fish though, so one probably the best number to be over iffen ya gonna be over.