Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maple leaf xmas day

Post Thanks / Like

Default maple leaf xmas day

well got all my xmas out of the way yesterday so thought i would take advantage of this awesome day and go fishing! went out to maple leaf, water temp was 39 deg. a bit choppy (alway's is ) caught 2 little 8 inch crappie in 3 1/2 hour's... fished all my spots and fished the timber shallow, deep, by the channel, and nothing! decided just to cruise a bit and learn the new fish finder crappie chatt is letting us borrow i was in 12 fow and graphed a ditch that went to 18 fow and fish were stacked up in the middle of it, so i threw out my bouy... rigged up 2 rod's tandem rig and went to fishing. dropped down and wham, caught a little 8 incher, then on my other rod one whacked it, another small crappie.... thought alright im on to something, fished another 30 minutes there and nothing! found another ditch with fish, but could'nt buy a bite! but what a awesome xmas day to be on the water! there was one other boat out there and he was bass fishing and obviously wasnt in the xmas mood, lol... hope to hit truman tomorrow! you retired fellas better take advantage of this awesome warm weather were gonna have this week! (well for december it is:D)
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

good luck tommorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice relaxing day, hope you get into some good ones tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Your in my territory catch them 8" crappie Jeff. You'll be back on them at truman tomorrwo, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day......glad you got out.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Great weather, new spots, didn't fall in, sounds like a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Always a nice day to reflect when you're by yourself on the water and in the boat regardless what the fish do it's still a good day.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

anytime on the water is a good time. at least ya found 2 fish.i hit truman XMAS DAY..MAN IS HAY CREEK ON FIRE !!! Nothing big but lots of them. only took me 20 mins to get a limit of "Nice Eaters" was playing with my 1197's and found me some really nice brush piles in pretty bob & hay creek. "Fish beware" !!. if i see ya around hay creek this morning , i'll stop and say hi .time to hit the road!!
    Last edited by bestcrappieman; 12-26-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    I can tell ya where i catch'em & how I catch'em , but I wont catch 'em for ya !!!

THIS IS HOW I THE BIG DOGS ROLL 2011 PHOENIX 300 MERC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Man you're good....i have an idea go try your skills at maple leaf cause if Jeff aint catchin em then aint nobody catchin em!!!i can see a shut out in your near future if you go out there today.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

bugs i fish ML A LOT , i flat wear them blacks out !! its a funny lake but once ya learn it , those fish pretty much jump in the boat.i can get a limit anytime i go there, its so easy a toddler can do it !! see next week bugs !!
    I can tell ya where i catch'em & how I catch'em , but I wont catch 'em for ya !!!

THIS IS HOW I THE BIG DOGS ROLL 2011 PHOENIX 300 MERC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast