Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton on Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton on Friday

Well first as some of you might have seen we had a good morning on the trap line. 3 coon, 2 possum, 1 skunk. Yes, in most folks eys a lot of trash, but to kids it was way cool.

Now to the fishing. We put in at the state park to see if the shad/crappie had bunched up in the cove yet and no deal. Yes, we fished some over the tire pile but only a few fish in an hour, although one was a big thick 13 inch black that I would love to have in a tourney. Only two other trucks in the parking lot and talked with one and he was fishing the break wall and only had 5 and fished 4 hours. We took off and went to fish deep brush and the first couple beds were like a ghost town, then the next three were pretty good. We had 23 fish on beds in 25-35ft, and most all were on midsouth black/chart. I know same as yesterday and I'm not much on changing color. HA. No, my fishing partner tried some variation but nothing worked any better.

It was brisk but a very nice afternoon on the water. Light wind, sunshine, and a nice mess for the grease. I let him keep all the fish and he is going to fry them for his family on christmas eve. Now that is a meal worthy of the holidays. I was sitting out in front of the dock waiting for him to get the truck and looked back at the sunset and could'nt help but think how blessed I am and what a great country we live in. God bless and hope everyone enjoys time with family and friend over the holidays.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a good day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bud
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post, I was at work today and as I looked outside I knew someone had to be on the water. I also very much enjoyed reading about your trapping with your boys. I did a fair amount in my younger years and was always excited to see what we had caught. Did the lake level come up any?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pole bender. I don't know the exact level but not to much as I could still see a stump under water than I could see a week ago.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

You are definitely a lucky man Jason, I miss living right on the lake and fishing it all the time. Good day on the water, you make me jealous, I was stuck working, hoping to wet a line today somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dongotto View Post
    I was sitting out in front of the dock..........and looked back at the sunset and could'nt help but think how blessed I am and what a great country we live in. God bless and hope everyone enjoys time with family and friend over the holidays.
    It can't be said any better than this......amen buddy, Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding Jason, them crappie seem to be on the brush in a bit deeper water, I think the shad are still scattered out for the most part, and some balling up close to the bluffs,,, anyway glad you ended up a good day,,,, see ya

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Dongotto. Sounds like a very well rounded day for you. Tell me....what'd you guys do with that skunk in the trap anyways?!? Congrats on the fish. I know your friend and his family are gonna enjoys those for dinner.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Great post Dongotto. Sounds like a very well rounded day for you. Tell me....what'd you guys do with that skunk in the trap anyways?!? Congrats on the fish. I know your friend and his family are gonna enjoys those for dinner.Thumbs Up
    A friend of mine took it and skinned it. He has a family member that wants a tanned skunk hide.
    Fish like your hungry!