Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton 12/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton 12/16

Got to the lake at 10:45ish, started on S. bank brush, fished 6 or 7 piles and had 2 keepers????? What the heck is going on? Then CC's report said the fish were on the channel edges, so I went looking for brush on the channel. Found and fished 4 or 5 and added 2 more keepers. Then this voice came into my head, it was my old buddy WC, he was saying,"Ya gotta change colors sometimes stupid!" so I changes to a char-pearl 3in bait and bang nice fish! so I kept looking for more brush and NADA! Then WC's voice popped in my head again, " ya gotta fish the tops of the brush stupid!" so I figure what the heck, I grab a rod with a 3/32oz jig and put on a small 1 3/4 in char-pearl Rocky Top bait and drop back down, Bang, bang, bang over and over with all nice fish and have limit.. But my brain is now buzzing???????????????? What about trying this where you started stupid! So I went back where I started and BANG! BANG! over and over! WOW! I once again learned the lesson, don't stay in a rut stupid! try something different once in a while!

Beautiful day on the water. Good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try the purple and Char, hair jigs? them and the purple and orange have been working also. Fishing the tops during the winter has worked for me on Melvern also hope to try it tom orrow.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Modesty from the Master :D Boat sounded like a electric chainsaw you was cranking 'em up so fast All Pearls Dan, good info. I double rig small/big baits mostly, all kinds of things to get 'er dialed in. I heard they call you fishless cause when you leave a lake it's fishless, "cause he done caught them all". Good job, you the report man. Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Dan, I have been having good luck with a homemade pink head/purple body/chartreuse marabou jig. They were hiting it yesterday at Melvern, managed to catch a limit. Fish caught were on brushpile 15 to 20 feet deep. Water temp. was 42 degrees. Did not mention nibbles, never leave home without them, they make the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Dan. Thanks for info.

Post Thanks / Like

Those Rocky Top are pretty good jigs. I have seen them put 5:1 fish in the boat compared to same color of different brands. It is all in the serated tail.
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I have got to get up there and try that lake once it warms up.