Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eurasian Milfoil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eurasian Milfoil

Craig, can you tell us when Lake Shawnee was confirmed to have eurasian milfoil in it? I saw the sign yeasterday at the ramp but have never noticed a sign there before, although it has been a couple years since I dumped a boat in there.

Thanks,
    Dan

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishlessDan View Post
    Craig, can you tell us when Lake Shawnee was confirmed to have eurasian milfoil in it? I saw the sign yeasterday at the ramp but have never noticed a sign there before, although it has been a couple years since I dumped a boat in there.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan,

It was discovered there during Summer 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Are there any other lakes in KS with? Are the reservoirs to turbid for it to survive in them?

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishlessDan View Post
    Wow! Are there any other lakes in KS with? Are the reservoirs to turbid for it to survive in them?
    Dan,

From the KDWPT Website:

Eurasian watermilfoil has been discovered in Cedar Bluff Reservoir, Yates Center Reservoir, Lebo City Lake, Scott SFL, Antelope Lake, Clark SFL, Ottawa SFL, Washington SFL, Mined Lands #1, 7, 12, 27, Sheridan SFL, Cowley SFL, Lonestar Lake, Edgerton-Bridgewater Lake, Lake Shawnee, Topeka-Governor's Ponds, and Buffalo Park Pond in Wichita.

As you can see Cedar Bluff Reservoir contains Eurasian watermilfoil so the plant can survive in our Kansas reservoirs. See the link provided above for more info on this plant.

Thanks for your questions.