Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coffeen Lake {4/17/06}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffeen Lake {4/17/06}

Hello,

Just got home from Coffeen Lake...Did pretty good....I caught two crappie...One being 14 inches and about 1lb 2ounces....The other one was about 13.5 inches and just at 1lb.....I also caught a few small bass, a few decent size bluegill and about 3 catfish....Kincade caught several nice size eating catfish, some decent size bluegill and a few smaller bass...If you want to catch some catfish...Go to Coffeen lake as soon as possible...The catfish bite is on at Coffeen...We where catching a lot of them on minnows..But, Kincade caught most of his on a orange gulp jig?...I think it was a Berkley Gulp jig?.....I caught all my fish on minnows and a one catfish on a white jig....I am going to try and post some pictures of the two crappie I caught later tonight...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Jeremy! Those are real nice crappie for Illinois waters.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JCD, can't believe you only caught two? Where abouts did you fish? Get back with me and let me know. How do I look at the picture you posted?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

What's up?...I am doing good...I didn't post any pictures yet...Still waiting for my brother to send me the pictures via email...He took the pictures with his digital camera and he is going to send them to me...We fished the west powerline cove mostly...I think we spent a little too much time at this spot...We where catching some cats so we stayed little longer at that same spot...We also fished next cove above the West Powerline Cove....We should have moved more...But, like I said we where catching catfish so we really didn't think about moving too much....We are going back this weekend...I think we will fish the far northern section...The section where you have use the northern boat access.....

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slab,

How did you do at Lou Yeager last Friday?...

Jeremy
    Bye