Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heading to Melvern Thursday

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Heading to Melvern Thursday

Blackdog40 are going to give it a try. If anyone has been on the lake recently, and like to share some info it would appreciated. PM me if you want. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day on the water, fish were biting, the weather was super. Ice in the eyes of the rods early, then it got just warm enough. First brushpile started the day, believe we got close to twenty off it, plus had was some white bass to intertain us and two 14 1/2 inch smallmouth bass. Fished mainly in 18-20 feet of water today, purple/chartruse worked best for me. Water temp was 43 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

wtg glad you got some

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. I'm heading there tomorrow to try my luck at the dock. I've never been there so we shall see. Still excited to try something new.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job guys. If wind don't blow hope to
    take boat out this weekend. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Ron!Glad you had a good day.Going to coffey county or Melvern Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got on them Ron, wish I could have gone but made some progress on getting stuff together for the trip South.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a beautiful day on the water...not much wind and we didn't freeze our butts off Ron put us on some good piles and the first one had me thinking just maybe we'd limit out in a couple hours like some of the REAL fisherman do....but things cooled down after 3 of us had 20 in the box....still the best fishing I've had in a while...nice fat fish! Lee and I went searching and things slowed down alot and when we were going to head up the lake to some favorite spots Lees starting battery shot crapswitching But trusty "ol Ron got us started and we ended the day a little earlier than planned. We ended up with 31 ( which Ron contributed probably a half a doz. cheers) and Ron had his limit way before that. I hope this is just the beginning of HOT winter fishing at Melvern.....sure like that lake!
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!