Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skipped Slabfest to try Monroe on Saturday 12/3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skipped Slabfest to try Monroe on Saturday 12/3

I figured with all the good fishermen in Harris chain that there might be some fish on Lake Monrie. I really had not planned on fishing but at 7:30 am the wife told me to get out of bed and go. Got out on the water and the weather was beautiful. Position myself in and around about 20 boats and started spiderrigging and pick up one real quick. That was the last one before the wind almost blew me out of the boat. Went back to ramp in downtown Sanford and stupid sailboaters were taking all of the ramps. They were just sitting in the lanes while that put up there masts. I do not have anything against sailboats but these guys were just rude. Sorry if anyone on this forum is or friends with them. This is me just venting!

Post Thanks / Like

That Sanford marina was the best until they allowed constuction (office bldgs) on the north side. There was always plenty of parking, Herky Huffman's bait and tackle and a great place to go. They sure missed the boat when they decided to screw it up. It's hard to believe the are wasteing a great resource like Lake Monroe. They have always had sailboat regattas there, but they use to launch and tie up along the north shoreline.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Im kinda suprised the slabfest wasnt changed to Monroe considering all the great reports everyone is posting. From all the CDC reports and friends of friends reports it seems the fishing is so good there that a blind man with a gig could get a limit.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

I want to go back there (Monroe), but hate crowds........
    I'm leaning towards trying Jessup this coming weekend, find out what's what over there, etc...........
    I like to cruise into Black Hammock and refuel my body fluids .........
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Don't matter whats biting where. It is all based on whoever wants to step up and take the lead on where and when. Anyone that wants to step up and take the reins can have it wherever they want. And it is all about the fellowship and knowledge sharing at the slabfests.Heck I think Slabkeepers MONSTER fish was almost as much a hit as the bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    Im kinda suprised the slabfest wasnt changed to Monroe considering all the great reports everyone is posting. From all the CDC reports and friends of friends reports it seems the fishing is so good there that a blind man with a gig could get a limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Don't matter whats biting where. It is all based on whoever wants to step up and take the lead on where and when. Anyone that wants to step up and take the reins can have it wherever they want. And it is all about the fellowship and knowledge sharing at the slabfests.Heck I think Slabkeepers MONSTER fish was almost as much a hit as the bigger fish.
    Agree 100%. I guess some people think they need to catch their limit a couple times a day to make it worth their time.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

If it woulda been closer i woulda came. It costs alot to haul a boat 2 1/2 hrs in a v8 one way knowing only poor reports have been given, yall local guys have to look at it that way. I know im not the only one who would like to catch fish if you drive 5 hours round trip and a ton on fuel. In the future a good idea would be to set a few possible locations for the slabfest and have the locals fish the lakes and whoever has the best fishing is where the slabfest will be. This is a good idea, im sure everyone will hate it coming from me though.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    If it woulda been closer i woulda came. It costs alot to haul a boat 2 1/2 hrs in a v8 one way knowing only poor reports have been given, yall local guys have to look at it that way. I know im not the only one who would like to catch fish if you drive 5 hours round trip and a ton on fuel. In the future a good idea would be to set a few possible locations for the slabfest and have the locals fish the lakes and whoever has the best fishing is where the slabfest will be. This is a good idea, im sure everyone will hate it coming from me though.

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

SYG, you of all people should know that a bite is never guaranteed. Heck come tomorrow ya might not be able to get a fish without dynamite on Monroe. It is all about the fellowship and gathering knowledge.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast