Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnkota with I pilot or 24 volt 70???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnkota with I pilot or 24 volt 70???

I plan on learning to spider rig and have ordered boat with 70 minnkota and wonder if I should of went with I pilot. I have never used electric steer or I pilot style. I am new to crappie and never even spider rigged. I am long time bass guy and used to regular trolling motors. I can change my mind till Tuesday but then have to stick with what I ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy1 View Post
    I plan on learning to spider rig and have ordered boat with 70 minnkota and wonder if I should of went with I pilot. I have never used electric steer or I pilot style. I am new to crappie and never even spider rigged. I am long time bass guy and used to regular trolling motors. I can change my mind till Tuesday but then have to stick with what I ordered.
    Who finally earned your business?

BRM
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you get the Express?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 70lb Riptide pdll with the auto pilot and co-pilot and it works well for me. I only troll occasionally and for what I do this works fine. I've been on the batteries heavy in a day of windy conditions and had plenty left at the end of the day. I spoke with a couple of guides and went with their recommendations and haven't regretted it. Lots of power for my 17'8" bass boat. It can be upgraded to the I-Pilot if I choose later.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Go with I Pilot you will love it.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

for any kind of trolling an I-pilot is hard to beat....I have the 70lb thrust 24v I-pilot and like it alot, it has its upsides and down sides....more upsides for me though, my favorite addition to my boat so far

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever add Ipilot to the V2, you loose your foot pedal. That is the only drawback.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the closest local dealer that I talked to first when Xpress gave me there number. I felt that they was the first one that started with me and seemed to be very nice and went out of there way to help me. They were very helpful on everything but cannot give any advise in Crappie because they do not fish for crappie to speak of. Bill if I would of found you first before I dealt with them then I would of definiteliy ordered from you. I came to this site after already talking to this dealer and was asking for help and opinions. Once I decided to go Xpress I felt this dealer did all that was asked and I felt I should buy from him for that reason. Plus closer to go for warranty work. I am confused on which h trolling.motor to get

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If your serious about crappie fishing other than single pole fishing a brushpile......you will need a MK Terova 24 volt 80 lb. thrust with I-Pilot. You will also need two of the best group 31 trolling batteries that you can get.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    If your serious about crappie fishing other than single pole fishing a brushpile......you will need a MK Terova 24 volt 80 lb. thrust with I-Pilot. You will also need two of the best group 31 trolling batteries that you can get.
    i have the minn kota 80 thrust and love it. unless you are going in salt water, its what you want that way you can have the foot pedal and the ipilot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast