Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support this on Kentucky Lake and other lakes in KY ?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Would you support this on Kentucky Lake and other lakes in KY ?

Note:( lets be civil about this, we may disagree on this, so don't take this personally). LOL Thumbs Up

I would like to see the KDFWR do something to protect certain areas of the lakes during the spawn.

If I had it my way, I would shut down certain bays/coves during the spawn, OR make certain coves/bays catch and realease during the spawn.

I have seen a lot of Bass fisherman sight fish, they will catch big female Bass right off the nest. If certain bays/coves were catch and realease or closed during the spawn this would not happen. The fish could be untouched during the spawn, and they could not be caught/or removed from the lake while on the nest.

This would save thousands, probably tens of thousands of Bass, and Crappie each year on KY Lake and Barkley Lake.IMO

What is your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 100% against it, I think the success of the spawn has a whole lot more to do with what TVA does with water levels than any other factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Total sillyness, if you want to help the crappie, do what other have done and limit the number of 10"+ or biggr fish.

Like crazy, the fishing will take off.

Pepper
    Jeremiah 29:11

God says he has plans for me.

Post Thanks / Like

KY Lake already has a size limit.

I think tens of thousands of fish, would be saved by doing this.IMO
    I live 10 miles from the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, and the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake is within 25 miles of my house. I live 10 miles from 220,000 acres of Water.

I live in an Outdoor Paradise

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, it won't work.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, it would have the same result, as shutting down certain areas on a hunting Property during the Rut(deer breeding season). If you close down certain areas on a large hunting property during the rut, the bucks in that closed area won't get killed, and they will live to grow larger the next year, and they will be able to breed more does, spreading their genetics.

I guess, if you had to choose on fishing a Bay, that's been closed or catch and realease for the past few years Versus a bay that has been fished for the past few years. Which would you be more excited about fishing? and Which do you think would have more large and undisturbed Bass, and Crappie?
    I live 10 miles from the 160,000 acre Kentucky Lake, and the 57,000 acre Barkley Lake is within 25 miles of my house. I live 10 miles from 220,000 acres of Water.

Post Thanks / Like

Needs to go to 12" size limit and 20 fish limit. (TN and Ky both.) Mississippi has proved it successful.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see the limit go down to around 10 per day, LOL that is still a good amount of Crappie, compared to limits on certain lakes in Other states that I have fished.

IMO a 10 Crappie limit per day is plenty, especially for locals like me, that can fish several days per week all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTG View Post
    Needs to go to 12" size limit and 20 fish limit. (TN and Ky both.) Mississippi has proved it successful.

BIGBADDAD is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the way the regs stand now are fine. Paul Rister has stated we just finished the best 2-3 years of spawning in a while and that the next 4 to 5 years minimum will be great...now cut it out.....you did the same thing last year.go fishing and quit thinking!

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac178/BIGBADDAD/birdpooavatar.gif

www.kicknbass.net

Arkie Jigs Prostaff
    Todd Huckabee Rods Prostaff
    HiTec Outdoors Prostaff
    ESB Prostaff
    SteelShad Prostaff
    Jenko Fishing Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I hope your right, that would be great if the Crappie numbers improved this Spring. Maybe the Grass will come back in certain areas also, the floods of the last few years have hurt the grass in certain areas on the lakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBADDAD View Post
    I think the way the regs stand now are fine. Paul Rister has stated we just finished the best 2-3 years of spawning in a while and that the next 4 to 5 years minimum will be great...now cut it out.....you did the same thing last year.go fishing and quit thinking!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast