Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tough day @ the Glen!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough day @ the Glen!

Trip out Thursday evening was full of laughter. Arrived at M&M about 7:30pm. After a hug from Marilyn,, We're off to the 'Corner' for a meal. GREAT time there as usual. Got up at 7am & got a few cups of coffey down. Weather reporting winds up to 20mph outa the South. Looked at Carr Creek & decided to launch there 1st. There were gulls diving on shad at the ramp. I guess from the sudden cold snap & a snow fall, really stunned some of them. Just about 3in:D long. All pumped up,, we were sadden that no crappies were there. Pulled out & headed to Schones. Got over to the bluffs to see if we could get outa the wind & waves & find some fish. 2 outa three aint bad. Fish were thereThumbs Up, outa the windThumbs Up, but waves kept us bouncing all day. Even some rouge waves came over the bow. THANK YOU Scott Waters with the KDWP&T. His piles saved the day. Using 1/4 to 3/8oz jigs with a 3.5in Wasshoppa, white/chart. & added a crappie nibble. Old time favroite tactic,,,, drop to bottomRofl,,,reel up 2 cranks,,,hang on. Most fish came from 25 to 30ft. Even caught small mouth & drum with a bonusHands ClappingThumbs Up 24in walleye. I was whooped after this day. Got up at 7:30 Saturday to calm winds & 43 degrees. By the time I got dressed,,, the wind was up to 30mph & temps had fell tp 36. Serious fog too with a mist. I gave up & headed home in time to listen to another record setting gameDohDoh by the KU football team. Pics later <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your "honest" report, at least you found a pattern that worked Thumbs Up
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like to much coffee and to much time gettin dressed sat

Post Thanks / Like

Should have just put a sail up and went Marlin fhishing!

Post Thanks / Like

What a Warrior in such tough conditions . . . worst part must have been going thru the KU game!