Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville bite?

Thinking about some bank fishing or camp branch public dock tomorrow...any bite still on?

Post Thanks / Like

I bank fished today for about 4 hours .. there was a 20 minute window where I caught a fish on every cast, but other than that 20 minutes, nothing. The wind was absolutely brutal! I was planning on going tomorrow, but I'm not sure I can deal with that wind again.

Post Thanks / Like

supposed to be even windier tomorrow. Good job catching on every cast!! The wifey poo and I were def planning to go tomorrow, but the Guppy just doesn't fight the wind well. My TM is too weak. BTW, I'm getting a new one and will be selling the 35 pounder IPilot. It works great, just under powered for the gales of Smithville.

Post Thanks / Like

been hittin pay docks and crows creek public dock during the day between deer huntin. do good average about 8 keepers lots of little ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    supposed to be even windier tomorrow. Good job catching on every cast!! The wifey poo and I were def planning to go tomorrow, but the Guppy just doesn't fight the wind well. My TM is too weak. BTW, I'm getting a new one and will be selling the 35 pounder IPilot. It works great, just under powered for the gales of Smithville.
    That "every cast" deal was only for about 20 minutes out of 4 hours .. only caught one the rest of the 3 hours & 40 minutes. Just got off the phone with my buddy, looks like we'll give it a shot tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Post Thanks / Like

Luck to you guys....several people have posted that they were catching fish around both the cb docks and the lp docks.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck...haven't been out since the wind kicked up..I like a little wind..seems to help the bite..but I cant take it when you cast and the wind blows it behind you without ever touching the water...kinda like some punts on the football follies!:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Not even sure I know other docks than the pay dock at camp branch...where are there others? I am not too familiar with the lake

Post Thanks / Like

If you're coming up 169 from KC, the Little Platte marina is just north and east of town. Stay on 169 and about a mile (I'm guessing here) out of town you'll see the sign. Just take a right there and follow the signs.

Post Thanks / Like

Or...if you start at Camp Branch and want to go to Little Platte, go North from cb into Paradise, then go left on W and over the lake to "F", go South to
    180th St and turn left. Follow the signs to the marina