Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sabetha Pony Creek Sunday 13th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sabetha Pony Creek Sunday 13th

Made the 20 minute drive to Pony Creek Sunday and fished from 1:30-5:30. Wind howled from the west southwest until the last 45 minutes of light. Water temp down 4 degrees to 47.5 from a week ago and water clarity getting clearer and clearer each week with 4 ft clarity. Wind made it a little tougher to control the boat with the fish wanting the jig dead still for some time before a bite. Fished double jig rig and could not get bit with 3 inch baits and 2 inch southern pro tubes in blue white were best color tried. Caught 27 with 14 of those between 10 and 12 inches. The rest were 8 to 9 in fish.18-22 ft of water anywhere from 10 to 20 ft down. Threw them all back got enough in the freezer. Most of the better fish were caught with a split shot, hook, and minnow. These fish are stacked up in about 2 spots and have been getting hammered for over a month. There still thick on the sonar but getting numbers to bite has gotten tougher plus I'm sure alot are being taken home. I suppose this is why minnows are now taking the better fish. This bite has been going on for about 4 weeks but I have not posted until now for fear that such a small lake would get hammered excessively. Water is clear enough next time I will bring the underwater camera and drop it just to see how many fish are down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's a good ole honest report. At times I think we all sit on a report for various reasons, I don't really see anything wrong with that. I myself just appreciate reading other peoples reports, it makes us all better fisherman/people. Sometimes we get stuck in a pattern and don't do as well as we hoped, then when we read another report a light goes on and we make changes in our tactics and bang, we score. Beautiful, nice report.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for reporting....nice job

Post Thanks / Like

nice report - I'd be interested to hear what you see with your underwater camera. Always been tempted to get one, but afraid I wouldn't be able to use it much since most lakes around here don't have great water clarity.