Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 11-13-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11-13-11

Water temp is really dropping now 51-52 deg. That wind was tough today especially with a sick trolling motor battery. I had to use an anchor today for the first time in a long time. I still managed to catch arround 30 and kept 6 nice ones for dinner. I caught all on " ENTYZER JIGS". 1/16 oz orange/chart/white with a small split shot 18" above jig. Caught some arround little platte slips and the rest came off of brush in 15-16 fow.

jigin4abigun
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I was fishing from the bank and wind was brutal! I ended up catching 18-20 keepers, nothing huge, kept 10. Red/Black/Chart was their favorite .. caught all right along the bank (obviously).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jigin4abigun View Post
    Water temp is really dropping now 51-52 deg. That wind was tough today especially with a sick trolling motor battery. I had to use an anchor today for the first time in a long time. I still managed to catch arround 30 and kept 6 nice ones for dinner. I caught all on " ENTYZER JIGS". 1/16 oz orange/chart/white with a small split shot 18" above jig. Caught some arround little platte slips and the rest came off of brush in 15-16 fow.

jigin4abigun
    Looks like I chose the wrong day to go fishing with you!!!

Awesome job. BTW, what's an entyzer jig?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad someone can figure these fish out....

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed there are two black crappie in the bucket. I've caught more keeper sized black crappie at Smithville this year than all the previous years put together. I wonder what's going on?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    I noticed there are two black crappie in the bucket. I've caught more keeper sized black crappie at Smithville this year than all the previous years put together. I wonder what's going on?
    Those 8 3/4" blacks are gettin' all growed up! Thanks to the MDC for establishing and maintaining a good fishery!

Post Thanks / Like

I hit it tue. morning for a couple hours...no wind and flat calm made it slow,but still limited out.....no pattern at all,just random casting and pick one up every 5-10 casts.Did get 2 15 inchers that looked huge compared to the 10-12 inchers,but they weren't that much heavier.?.