Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kentucky Lake 11/11/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kentucky Lake 11/11/11

Hauled the boat and 10 stakebuckets to the lake before daylight, chilly morning, first day this fall I've donned the bibs. Found these hungry white crappie before the wind got too rough. Did release one 15" black crappie also, but it was the only keeper black that I got in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Austin. You are really doing well . I fished Tuesday and had 8 keepers. Ran down the batteries for the first time. That dadblame wind will not quit blowing. Curious about your depths and and lure of choice. I am designing a new jig head for the Garland type baits and was wanting to try them out this weekend but 35 mph winds may be a little bit much. Them bucket beds will start paying off soon.Just wandering why you are releasing the black crappie? Thanks for sharing your fishing with us !!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Wind really has blown alot and doesn't look like it's gonna settle down until middle of next week. Those fish came from 11-13fow on electric chicken garland slabslayer and bluegrass panfish assassin on 3/32 head. If I had needed to fish much longer yesterday I would've needed to switch to 1/4oz heads, wind was gettin too rough for 3/32. Didn't release the black because it was a black, released it because it was bigger than I like to keep to eat. I've been letting the 13"+ fish go.

Post Thanks / Like

Ata boy. When catching plenty, why not let the big ones go. They are the future to next years spawn. Keep up the good work putting those bucket beds out, they will pay off in the spring.