Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Creek on Pickwick Lake (NW Alabama)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bear Creek on Pickwick Lake (NW Alabama)

I grew up hearing fishing stories from my Dad about endless stringers of nice slabs caught back in the day at places like "Buzzard Roost" and "Airplane Holler", and at 43 years of age now - am going to embark on these famous locations for the first time myself.My plans are to start looking in the month of december for the deepest holes in Bear Creek (where both are located), and hopefully catch some memories of my own. Dad is too old to go with me now, but he'll get to enjoy eating any caught, as you might expect....So, I have tons of questions about this new location, and hope some of you can help. I'll do good to fish once every week or so (due to work), and need to learn alot in a short amount of time. Any suggestions on where to start? ThanksJeff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CC from Ne. Try the Alabama state board and might have better luck. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

stop in a rose trail the girl there will help you tell i said hay
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

if you take the rose trail exit there is a ramp location on the north side of HWY 72 next to a bridge that is now closed.

from there you can get to some really good spots in less than 5 minutes.

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Billbob - ok, I'll do just that, thanks. Brad - ok, I think I know where you're talking about. As soon as the boat decal and new fishfinder are gotten, I'll check it out.
    Last edited by engineeredgarden; 11-09-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: trying to create spacing between replies to posters.....

Post Thanks / Like

if you don't know the area you may want to put in at colbert co park ramp accross frome rose trail bait and tackle. Jackie will have minnows and stuff you need for a day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Keith - I'm planning on taking a friend at work with me the first time out, because he knows the area very good. However, I would only consider his skills to be at the novice level. I'll definitely ask him about the ramp you mentioned. Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billbob View Post
    stop in a rose trail the girl there will help you tell i said hay
    +1. bear creek is a very good lake to fish. I've been fishing there for years as well (as well as Cedar and Little Bear)

Post Thanks / Like

KDAVID1 - I have fished little bear and cedar creek lakes for several years, but never catch anything but small crappie. I'm wanting to get a hold of some big ones, so will try my luck at bear creek on Pickwick.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast