Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 11/5

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 11/5

Well, started off the morning rough, first week I left my boat in storage. I left the power button on with both depth finders. Doh This in turn ran my starting battery dead. After that little problem, finally got on the water about 9 am. Went to the Upper Grand. Tried several spots, finally caught about 10, 2 got off and 1 little guy. Caught all of the fish in about 10-12' of water, about a foot off the bottom. All fish I kept were between 10" and 12". I'm still learning but I thought I would post this report. Ran into Just Jiggin and 1badchampion. Hopefully I'll be back next weekend. However, my partner(wife) says she is done for the year, to cold for her.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...I tried to launch today without a plug....and that was just the start of my bad luck! Think I'll try Truman again next week and leave Smithville alone.

Post Thanks / Like

dont you just hate that when you get slowed down for a silly forget to turn off something... glad it all worked out in the end, good fishing comming up best get that lady some long janes for the cool days

Post Thanks / Like

Too many darn buttons and switches too keep up with....glad ya caught a mess thoHands Clapping
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a trail from Truman to my house from my last trip, leaving the fishfinder on.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you were able to get on a few of them after your little setback. When it is cold or windy and you catch fish it makes it even more satisfying. Good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job sounds like it all worked out after the set back. But i bet a lesson was learned and it wont happen agianThumbs Up I have driven home before cuase the boat
    wouldn't start just to find the kill switch unplugged.Doh
    Last edited by Hogster1; 11-07-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy her some Under Armor cold weather gear... she will stay toasty warm.... that's what my wife does.. she loves em.
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1badchampion View Post
    Buy her some Under Armor cold weather gear... she will stay toasty warm.... that's what my wife does.. she loves em.
    x2 And make sure you keep several hot hands as well, they really do make a big difference. I take one of the big ones that you put in boots and tape it to the back of my second shirt so it is over my kidneys, this will keep you pretty warm all day as all the blood is filtered through the kidneys all day long and it is like a radiator set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt your wife is a smart lady.. As for mine & 1badchampions .....well they married us...enough said..Rofl Glad you stoped buy & thanks for thr report.Thumbs Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast