Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ft. Gibson trip

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ft. Gibson trip

Frank met me here at 3:30pm last Thursday. Driving thru rain, arrived in Wagoner at 7pm. Met Charle & Kevin in the parking lot to hear they slamed them in brush. 1st clue!!!. I have fished this lake several times before & knew it somewhat. Got lost in the fog Friday morning,,, couldn't find the rampDoh. Couldn't see on the lake till after 9. Headed to the 51 bridge piles. WOW!!!! nota bite. Headed up the lake looking at the HDS for more clues. Came to the mouth of Clear Creek to try some piles & trees there. Well there was 7 to 8 boats in there. 2nd clue! Quickly tried one pile & several trees before leaving catching 1 small fish. Scanned the bluffs there & kept heading up. Fished some trees across from Whitehorn, still without a keeper. Its getting into the afternoon when we got on the chanel breaks & piles just up from the marina. WHAM!!!! & I meen WHAM!!! Found the BIG blacks next to the piles & laydowns. 3rd clue. Put 5, 14inchers, which were weighing over 1.5lbs. in the livewell. Caught on both minners & jigs. Feeling much better about our tactics & where to fish Saturday, Headed back to town to get ready for the evening activies. GREAT crowds & just loved to see the kids getting their bags filled wth candy, from the tourney teams. Lite winds but cooling off fast made the seminars quick. WOW!!! some really heavy hitters it this local tourney. 4 states represented. We waited till the tourney started to put in & did so @ Whitehorn. Much to our surprise & delight, NOBODY was fishing where were caught them. Having marked seveal piles yesterday, we slow trolled up to them working the same 17ft breakline. WHAM!!! these fish were hitting so hard they knocked 2ft of slack in the line & would just take off. By noon we had 6 over 14inThumbs Up & 2, 12inchers. Caught a couple of 14.5 white crappiesHands ClappingHands Clapping & added another big black. Did loose anotherDoh football. Cleaned them & headed back to the motel. Talked to Shane & Ray & gave up our spots to them for Sunday. Put in @ Mazie Sunday & fished the river. Tons of shad but no big fish. Got to the weigh-in to congrats the winners from Texas. Monday went into Clear Creek to fish trees like the Rogers. It's fast & effective & will be practicing it much more. Frank had the hot stick & put it on meDoh but I did git the heavyweight fish. 1 blue & 1 never-saw. Great time & really enjoyed meeting a lot of my buddies there. Come on Frank & post some pictures!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go guys Hands Clapping!!!
    Great report, sounds like fun time.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job of finding um.Sounds like you caught some nice fish.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a great tournament and an easy drive from KC.

Good to see you Chatt.
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Frank outfished someone other than his own shadow, especially Chatt! Just kidn buddy! Way to go fellas on a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I don't think my phone pictures will do the trip justice. Had a great time with the Chattster as usual but highlight of trip was definitely meeting Kevin
    and Charlie Rogers-great fisherman and great people too! I hope we could get more kansas folks down for the tournament if they have it next year.
    I think we have some great fisherman in this state and I would like to see them on display in tournament setting not too far away! Also the family division could
    have used a lot more fisherman in -there were a lot of prizes given away. Great to see Shane there as well and he had a great Halloween set up in his boat for
    trick or treat Friday night. Fort Gibson is a fantastic fishery-you can fish any style and still catch fish.