Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tracker Jon Boats???

BamaFishin Guest

Default Tracker Jon Boats???

Anybody have or know of someone who has one of these?I've been thinking of getting one from Bass Pro but was'nt sure of the quality.If I get one it will be a 12' that will just be used for floating down the river.If a motor is ever used it will most likely be a trolling motor but not often.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    James

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the Tracker Grizzly all-welded jons. It seems to be very rugged. The boat you are talking about is the riveted jon. If it's made as well for a riveted boat as mine is for a welded boat, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Tracker seems to use relatively thick aluminum for the hulls as compared to some competitors. I like their boats. I think they are well made.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Csharp Guest

Talking

:p Name:  JBoat 007 (600 x 450).jpg
Views: 22340
Size:  83.6 KB
    I bought this one a few months ago and really like it. It's a work in process but it does a good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Csharp
    :p I bought this one a few months ago and really like it. It's a work in process but it does a good job.
    Csharp,

What kind of rod holders do you have? I have a jon boat that I want to put holders on but I can't make up my mind about which type to use

Csharp Guest

Attachment 4964
    Crazyhorse420, Im not sure what brand they are, They were on the boat when I bought it. They seem strong enough and they also tilt and swivel.
    Csharp.
    Last edited by Csharp; 04-14-2006 at 05:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the "Action Products" both Bass Pro and Cabela's have them for about $15 a pair.

BamaFishin Guest

Thanks for the replies fellas.That picture helps a bunch Csharp.It's hard to get a good look at them through the magazines.I think that i've made my mind up.
    Thanks again,
    James

Post Thanks / Like

CSharp, I sent you a PM.

What lake are you on in that pic?

I need a Jon boat.
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

jeepum Guest

Default Good Looking Boat

That sure is a good looking Tracker....I bet you catch all kinds of fish with that setup!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Csharp

Nice boat I have one just like it, except about 30 years older. If you ever have trouble taking on water or want to bass fish. Mount a platform on top ot the bow and have it stick over about 4-6" on each side and the rtv to seal and you wont take on any water eve in good size waves. Kind of funny though, ther were times i would get so far out fron the transom would come out of the water
    PS for those of you looking for boats, dont get a 36" wide boat try find something wider, it helps for standing up
    Last edited by robbor; 04-19-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"