Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slab City . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slab City . . .

Fishing has been incredible the last week. Trolling a deep-diving crank about 12-17' on 4lb test around the ponds and small lakes. Everything except catfish, haven't gone for muskie yet . . . two 6-7 lb bass, no idea how many 12" black crappie (NO white crappie at all, that's almost all I caught in August/September), 8-9" bluegills, and one 7lb walleye. October has to be one of the best months. When the crank bite slows, a 3" plastic shad on a 1/16 oz is working great. In the last week, I've had crappie take the jig crawling on the bottom, and I've caught a mess right at dark on a topwater 3" Rebel popped and reeled slooooowly. They don't usually go so low or high, in my experience. The best crappie spot has been a drop from 19' to 40', the fish bite up and down the whole darn drop, and they come right up to just a few feet to smack a bait near the top. I have a feeling there are some giants mixed in with those foot-long fish, but I don't know how to pinpoint them. Big jig? Jumbo crankbait? Any ideas?
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    Thoreau

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are getting dialed into them. I always fish big baits for big fish. Dont catch as many but the ones you do catch are bigger

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We will see after the front comes in tonight what they do tomorrow. Well, I will try something bigger I reckon, see what happens, thanks.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    Thoreau