Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nimrod Info

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Nimrod Info

Fished nimrod this past weekend and the males are beginning to bed. My partner and I caught about 100 fish. Most small though. With this week being warm like it is should push some of those big females up. A friend of mine showed me a jig that just killed the fish. It caught 5 fish to every 1 on a regular tube jig. You can order the jig at www.monkscrappie.com. Its the Kalin Grub; color 874 Jawbreaker. I already ordered 10 packs!

good fishin'

NIMROD is online now Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn May Be Winding Down

We fished today and only kept 14 this afternoon. We caught fish from 1 to 14 feet deep .I think the spawn is winding down. So many fishermen pounding the banks also. Some of the fish are spawned out and some are still in deep water.
    I'll be glad when the fish all move back deep and the wind slows to be able to fish brush piles. This year crappie fishing has been hot and cold , real inconsistant !
    I have caught lots of fish and all on Southern Pro Umbrella Tubes / 1/8 oz leadheads. I fished 8 out of the last 10 days , but skipped this last weekend to get some work done. I've caught fish from Quarry Cove to Pairie Creek. That's most of the lake for those unfamiliar with it. We've caught fish in brush , on stumps , off deep brush piles , and open water humps.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Great report guys. I dont fish Nimrod but sure appreicate the reports. You guys need to stroll down to Maumelle some night and meet a few of us crappie.com guys for a nightstalk

NIMROD is online now Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Went for a while today ,but durn it was windy! Did'nt start till @ 9 am and it was slow.The larger fish were not hitting hard, the bite was so slight was hard to tell. I kept only 8 crappie and the biggest was a 2lb spawned out female in deep water. Afraid most of the best fish are going back out. I caught a couple of 11'' + males shallow, but the rest were 6' to 9' deep. The small fish are not even biting like they were.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs