Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twain bite lately????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain bite lately????

I'm just wondering if any of ya'll been to twain or heard how the bite has been?
    one of these years I'm gonna get up there for some cold weather fishing. if I don't, it's gonna be a loooonnngggggg winter!

Post Thanks / Like

Was up there last Monday. Put in at Stoutsville and went north up to Crusher Branch. Shad were everywhere but the bite was off. Water was still in the upper sixties but with this cool weather it should be cooling off soon and hopefully the fish will put on the feed bag. Hope to go again next week.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you, N2. hope ya tear into a good mess of em. they should be really turning on soon but it seems like the fall bite is late this year. I really need to get up there while the lake is around 600' and mark some spring time spots (and fill the livewell for winter) but everytime I turn around there is another wedding,b-day party, anniversary,ect ect.
    thanks for the reply, btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Stick to the party's, You'll have more fun. Just back from 4 day's, hooked 1, caught 1. Water temp was below 60 yesterday. Lake level, I think they need to get a new ruler. Lake's lowest I've ever seen. I'd guess it's maybe 585 ft. Weeekend may change thing's, suppose to warm a lil.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice, Dan. sorry you didn't do better up there. 'ol twain was hot the first half of the summer but here lately that's the same story I hear from most everyone. do ya'll think 2 great shad spawning seasons in a row has them too well fed?
    I was also wondering if anyone knew if they re-opened the re-regulation dam on the lower salt? I hear it's a good catfish spot when the water is running.

Post Thanks / Like

I think crappie are like me, no matter how much I eat today I'm still humgry tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2Crappie View Post
    I think crappie are like me, no matter how much I eat today I'm still humgry tomorrow.:rolleyes:
    lol! ya makes sense. we all gotta eat.

Post Thanks / Like

If I am going over to catch fish to fill the freezer, I put my trust in Odie or Don to steer me in the right direction. You can always catch table fish at Twain no matter what time of year. But you might be at Indian on pts. fishing 18ft deep in 30ft of water. If I am tourney fishing I pick a river and run up until I am out of water and work my way out.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

haven't been to twain for a while but planning on going next weekend, it has been real tough for me this summer but they should be turning on pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Am planning on going Wed. but the weather is not looking good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast